Your setup is incomming internet into a High speed modem, then out your modem into your pc.
This is why we must find out what you have because you see some folks have a Modem, to a router to a pc or just a modem to a pc.
ok now the real question and will post this for other techs as to why you are having problems, my thought would have been a router but now we know you do not have one that eliminates the problem I was thinking.
Normally when ever you format a hard drive and and once the internet has been set up with your provider, you always get right back on line with no problems, but in your case you do have problems and now I do not know what to tell you at this point. Because here in the United States, once an account was setup you no longer have a need to set it back up again after a machine has been formatted or buying a new computer. Where you live I am not sure of how they operate.
Like you said when running XP you had no problems, but now you installed Windows 7 you got problems. Kinda making me think their was an install / setup was not done right but again I am a bit lost on this.
Hm, the guy from a service said that I do not have to change anything on modem… and that everything is good… so no change… and, I am from Bosnia&Herzegovina
Hm, the guy from a service said that I do not have to change anything on modem… and that everything is good… so no change… and, I am from Bosnia&Herzegovina
Hi again Igx33
Please put things in perspective for us again.
1. We now know your hardware and operating system.
2. We are told by your ISP that there is no problem with your internet connection nor with your modem.
3. The problem continues: Every 15 minutes your Internet connection suffers a lag that lasts about 30 seconds
—-This problem did not occur when your machine was running XP, but started when you reformatted and installed Windows 7.
Is the above accurate?
Is the interval of the problem occurrence "exactly" 15 minutes and lasting 30 seconds? Does it ever change? Test it by monitoring with a clock, please.
And —
To you in Bosnia&Herzegovina, from us in lots of other places in the world.
ok guys.. I found few things that could seam as a problems:
-AMD External Events Utilty (I use Intel's Processonr… no AMD on my comp.)
-Nero BackItUp Scheduler 3 (that could be)
-NMIndexingService (Nero AG.. could be too)
-PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service (wtf is this??? pls explain me)
I disabled those things… now… waiting for results
PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service - - The process PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service belongs to the software IoctlSvc Application or PLFlash DeviceIoControl Service or Nero 8 Ultra Edition HD or Nero BackItUp 2 Essentials by Prolific Technology Inc (www.prolific.com.tw).
Not sure what you mean when you mention that you've found the "nothing helps"
Have you attempted to disable the following SERVICES ?
If you find that disabling the services mentioned below doesn't help, or some function that you prefer to have stops functioning, you can simply go back into Services.msc and reverse the process via Enable.
_______________
You may not find all of the below.
Let us know your results.
You may have ATI graphics and/or ATI Catalyst
1)Click Start - Run
2)Type Services.msc and press Enter
3)Find the service "ATI HotKey Poller"
4)Right-Click on the service and select Properties
5)Change "Startup type" to Disabled
6)Click "Apply", then "Ok"
7)Reboot your computer
1)Click Start - Run
2)Type Services.msc and press Enter
3)Find the service "AMD External Events Utilty"
4)Right-Click on the service and select Properties
5)Change "Startup type" to Disabled
6)Click "Apply", then "Ok"
7)Reboot your computer
Do you find ATIPOLAB in your Startups? If so disable it
Regarding the Nero indexing…
1)Click Start - Run
2)Type Services.msc and press Enter
3)Find the service " NMIndexingService"
4)Right-Click on the service and select Properties
5)Change "Startup type" to Disabled
6)Click "Apply", then "Ok"
7)Reboot your computer
Your persistence and determination is admirable.
Hopefully we'll be able to discover a solution with you.
Igx33,
If no success after you have followed the directions of Ztrucker and Doug, I have a bit of "off-the-wall" idea….
If your lag spike is consistently every 15 minutes… then how about you look at your running processes at the appropriate time and see what process is using the CPU?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI