This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Lag (freeze) on windows7

26 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In Internet Explorer I believe you should be able to just right click on the RSS entry that you wish to remove and select delete. You should receive a prompt saying something like: "Are you sure that you want to delete this feed? This will delete all the content associated with this feed." Click on Yes. and it should be removed.
Note: I am not much on High Speed and such, but was thinking that when you were running XP and had no lag, but now you went to Win 7 you got lag, strikes me a bit odd, 7 suppose to be far better than xp and faster. This may not have nothing to do with you and not sure if it makes a differance or not, but when you first set up your high speed modem, you had to use the cd set up program for the modem to get the account hooked up. The cable co here in this town a stores the info of your pc and modem settings on their their server. I found this out a few months back when I was working on my sisters machine. But now you have a new operating system makes me wonder should or do you need to reinstall the modem set up again to get the system to be config with windows 7 or not ?? Like I said, I had this happen to my sisters computer and once found out the above info, I ran the install process again her lag went away. You may try this, power down the modem and the pc and leave it off for about a minuet or two, power up the modem first, then boot the pc and see what happens. If the same results happens could the modem be going bad? if not should the modem set-up process be ran again to have your current machine info store on your high speed providers server? So the question is, could this be a possibility that what may be causing IGX33 problems?? Jimbo1
Hm, maybee it could be good to reinstal modem settings.. or something like that, I dont know how to do that… but… that other thing, I always swich OFF my router when I shut down my windows and than set it ON when I start windwos… Please.. can you say to me.. how to reinstal or change settings on my router

Hm, maybee it could be good to reinstal modem settings.. or something like that, I dont know how to do that… but… that other thing, I always swich OFF my router when I shut down my windows and than set it ON when I start windwos…

Please.. can you say to me.. how to reinstal or change settings on my router



To help the tech's with more on what do you have installed?

1. Cable or DSL ?
2. Do you have just a high speed modem to pc or,
3. Do you have a high speed modem to router to pc ?

If you have a High Speed Modem, then to a router and then to your pc and if this is the case and you re-formatted the hard drive and did not install the (Router Setup) not the modem, then this could be very well be causing your problems.

Please provide the tech with this infomation to futher help you.
Hm, I dont know those terms.. sorry… I have "little" cable from phone thing to router, and than a "big" cable form router to my PC… When I instaled PC I did not instal anything…
Ok here is some info you have to have this or the other::

1. A: Internet then to B: (DSL or Cable modem) then to C: a router and then to D: a computer.

or 2. A: Internet, B: DSL/Cable Modem, C: Computer

Here is a link to look at to see what your setup is it got to be Modem, Router and pc or Modem,and a pc one or the other.

http://www.homenethelp.com/web/diagram/share-router-hub.asp

Reason I asked you this to give the correct setup to a tech here is to get help, I have a feeling and if you are using a Modem and a router to connect to the pc, you may have to re-install your router setup insulation cd again so it will work the correct way.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI