Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

OneNote 2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Barqers

Barqers

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in learning more about computers (both programming, software, and errors). Hopefully I can learn to fix my problems, while learning to fix others as well.

Posted 14 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Hi, I am currently going to university, and use OneNote 2007 religiously in class. My only problem is that the constant autosave feature in onenote, while extremely useful at certain times, is completely useless to me in class, because not only am I on battery power, but I make sure to save each time before I close anyways. The issue is that onenote is constantly writing to the hardrive, which in turn makes the harddrive constantly spin, so disabling autosave would, in essence, give me more battery power to focus on note taking, rather than saving. I realize the implications of possibly losing my notes, but that's why I'd try it out at home before using it at school. So, my question, after that rant, is: Can I disable the autosave feature in onenote 2007? I've scoured the options & the internet searching for the mystical way in which it can be done to no avail. Hopefully someone has some registry edits that can disable it, or any way possible is accepted! Thanks guys :pullhair:
François

Great painters borrow, the best painters steal.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:06 AM

Hi Francois, No the autosave cant be turned off.... the idea is that with one note there is no need for a "save button" ....it takes folks sometimes a long time to come to trust this and not to keep on wanting to save their valuable notes.... Microsoft did toy with the idea of having a "save" button that said "you dont need to do this",,, but eventually thought better of it.... There is no need to try and save stuff unless you want to export it to XPS or PDF etc. To stiasfy yourself its working OK on your machine Start a new one note session make some quick notes dont try and save anything just turn off and then after a wait reopen one note...all your stuff should still be there Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Barqers

Barqers

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in learning more about computers (both programming, software, and errors). Hopefully I can learn to fix my problems, while learning to fix others as well.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

Okay, thank you very much Paws! I think my laptop battery is broken anyways since I get maybe 2 hours (Max) out of it with brightness as low as possible, 0 startup applications, disabled services/features, aero/uac turned off, no AV. Etc. The battery just doesn't perform well. However, I really like the onenote application as it makes taking notes simple and bearable :) Thank you for your input and I will checkout replacement batteries now!
François

Great painters borrow, the best painters steal.

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:18 AM

:thumbup:
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate