phillipsek
Topic Starter
I have Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB external hard drive that just decided to stop being detected by my computer. It gets power, the lights blink and it sounds like its going to start up, then the drive stops spinning and nothing happens. The repairman said he hooked it up to his system and couldn't detect anything, he got the same result as I did with the lights flashing and start up sound. The he put it in a freecer over night to set if that would help. They said it could be a problem on the circuit board. When it stopped being detectable, it also made a few clicking sounds and really faint beeps a few times (it doesn't do that anymore), if that helps. It is about one year old. Another person said that the spindle motor could be the culprit, like it's trying to run, but not able because motors fail more often than circuits. They told me to send it out for data recovery, but with no promise of actullay recovering anything. What do you think my chances of getting anything off of it? I shot a wedding and transferred the files to it the day before and I need to have those files. Thanks for any help!!! (BTW, Seagate has a data recovery service starting at $149, up to $2500, sucks that I only paid $80 for the drive.)
Erin