Hello,
Can anyone help me.
I used my netbook this morning and ended up with spcmdcom.sys eventually I managed to start up my netbook in safe mode and ran the latest mawarebytes which seems to have removed it as I no longer have the constant Tool Kit pop ups however……. I now get an RUNDLL error box on start up with the message Error loading C;\WINDOWS\pbl32rtU.dll The specific module could not be found.
I cannot connect to the internet but can use my laptop on the same wireless network so know its not the actual provider. Also looked on a few searches and no one seems to have anything listed for this error message and although general advise seems to be to run a refisty clean up programme I cannot connect to the internet to do that.
Any help will be really gratefully recieved.
Oh and I am sorry but I don't know how to print the log of Malware so if you ask me to do that can you tell me how to please remembering I am on a different machine - thank you.
One last thing and I don't know if it helps but Internet Explorer 8 seems to have gone and Internet Explorer 7 is in it's place.
Thanks to anyone who understands this
Please do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
Please do not run any scans other than those requested
Please follow all instructions in the order posted
All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.
Let's see if we can get the infected computer back online. We'll do one scan now and some others afterwards.
Do you have a usb storage device such as a flashdrive we can use to transfer some tools to the infected computer?
A blank CD will also work.
Note: If your computer has Vista or Windows7 as an operating system you will need to right click on the program and select "Run as Adminstrator" to run the program(s) instead of double clicking.
If using a USB device please follow these instructions to protect it from infection. No need to do this if you are using a CD.
On the Clean computer
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
attach the USB storage device to the computer.
Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder…it will help protect your drives from future infection.
Now for the tools.
Next
Download OTL to your desktop.
Next
Open a new Notepad session
Click the Start button, click run
in the run box type notepad
click ok
In the notepad, Click "Format" and be certain that Word Wrap is not checked.
Copy and paste all the text in the code box below into the Notepad. Do Not copy the word CODE