Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

computer freezes using firefox, "SVCHOST.EXE and WUAUCLT.EXE"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 vonnielui

vonnielui

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 10:41 PM

hi, when i use firefox for browsing internet, after like a min, the computer seems to be repeating loading/processing sth. i ctrl_alt_del and load task manager and see the computer is running SVCHOST.EXE and WUAUCLT.EXE , both under SYSTEM i also see there is a total of 7 SVCHOST.EXE and 2 WUAUCLT.EXE(later reduced to only one under ADMINISTRATOR) when i use IE instead of firefox now, it seems the problem doesn't appear. is there anyway to check whether it is normal? thanks I tried to ask for help in malware section, did a few scan and they said it seemed not a malware issue and direct me to post here for help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:08 AM

Hi, this is Windows update checking to see if your system is up to date...... its designed to work with Internet explorer, so you have no need to worry..... just use IE for your Windows updates and all should be OK The svchost processes are normal....sometimes you will see 6 or 7 instances of svchost and this is Ok Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 vonnielui

vonnielui

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:56 AM

Hi, this is Windows update checking to see if your system is up to date...... its designed to work with Internet explorer, so you have no need to worry..... just use IE for your Windows updates and all should be OK
The svchost processes are normal....sometimes you will see 6 or 7 instances of svchost and this is Ok
Regards
paws

what i mean is when i start firefox for browsing websites, after a minute or so, the computer starts to be very slow and i found out the svchost is runnning, but there is no notification that my windows is updating or sth...

it often causes the computer to freezes

but when i use IE for browsing seems there is no same update thing.

how can i turn it off, or i set it to be updating only under my request?

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:17 PM

As Paws said, WUAUCLT.EXE is Windows Update and has nothing to do with Firefox. Start FireFox in it's Safe Mode (Start / Mozilla Firefox / Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)), see how it runs. If it's okay then an Add-on is causing the problem, so use the Add-on Manager (Tools / Add-ons) to disable them a few at a time until you find the culprit.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown