This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Not sure if I have a virus or not

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello WTT , I'm just curious if I have a virus or not .. So how would I go about checking ? I have anti virus programs and such but just to make sure I don't I came here cause you guys helped mega last time thanks (:
Hi DCShoesRocking

:welcome:

Sorry for the delay in replying, we are very busy at the moment. My name is Blottedisk, I'll be happy to assist you with all your malware problems you have on your computer. We are going to check for malware in your machine; however if you are experiencing any issue/symptom of infection, it is very important that you let me know.


Before we start having a look at your computer, there are a few points you need to know:

  • Malware Logs can sometimes take a lot of time to research and interpret.
  • Please don't start a new topic, but reply on this one.
  • Please note that there is no "Quick Fix" to modern malware infections and we may need to use several different approaches to get your system clean.
  • If you don't understand something, please ask!
  • If you find any new problems and/or details, please post them!
  • If you are unresponsive to this thread within three days, the thread will be locked due to inactivity. However, if you will be away, let us know and we will be sure to keep the thread open.
  • As I'm still in training at What The Tech, all my posts needs to be checked by an expert first. This may cause a delay in response time, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
  • Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process. Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.

Remember: absence of symptoms does not mean your computer is clean.

Reply to this topic until I say your computer is clean. Please bear with me, I will post back to you as soon as I can :)
Hi again. Let´s have a look.
Please follow the steps below in order:


Step 1 | Please download RSIT from one of the following mirrors:

This is THE Mirror

——————————————————————–
  • Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Select "List files/folders created or modified in the last 3 months"
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open:
    • log.txt <- this one will be maximized
    • info.txt <- this one will be minimized
    • ( Both files will be saved here -> C:\rsit\ )
  • Copy/Paste the contents of both log.txt and info.txt into your next reply please. Use two replies if you prefer.

Step 2 | Please download Rootkit Unhooker from one of the following mirrors and save it to your desktop:

This is THE Mirror

——————————————————————–
  • Double-click on RKUnhookerLE to run it
  • Click the Report tab, then click Scan
  • Check Drivers, Stealth and uncheck the rest
  • Click OK
  • Wait until it's finished and then go to File > Save Report
  • Save the report to your Desktop
  • Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.
Note - you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself! It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI