This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

how to check web use

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all, wonder if someone can help. I have 2 students staying for 2 weeks, 14 year olds, I have to email their parents to give a progress report although the school has contact with them via phone. 1 student gave me his parents email addy the other keeps avoiding it. Its no big deal really but I am for the challenge now. We give them use of the internet for 15 minutes each night and I am sure the `other` one emailed whether his parents or not I dont know. I went to the dbx files and strangly couldnt find any reference to email addresses other than my own (I had checked the sent and deleted files in the email folders as well) Aha ! I thought maybe they have used facebook or something similar. How can I check what has been used in the last say 48 hours, I am not bothered about content just where they have been as I am legally responsible for them til they get back on the plane on Monday. I dont want to restrict them unless they are on to dodgy stuff. And I dont want to use any form of key logger. thanks
Hi, If the children are fairly smart computerwise ( as a lot of 14 year olds are) then the answer is for all practical purposes then you cant! Why not just ask them? if they won't be frank then don't give them access to your hardware (and this means locking it away) they will have to take a trip to the local library or Internet cafe. Sorry can't be of more help. Regards paws
I will when the come in as they are due in shortly from a school outing. I am probably just getting a bit paranoid having them in my care as one of the parents was going ballistic the other night because her student was 10 minutes late arriving back home and she nearly got all of them grounded, it is fun though. Thanks for your input paws
Teanagers should never be left alone using a computer.
When you have children, Computers should be in a family area where others can see what the computer is being used for.
They were but it was my wife not me, anyhow I did ask them tonight and it was facebook so that explains why my checking up found nothing.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI