Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

unable to connect to the internet ? is this the cause ? http://lampsta

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 badger1badger

badger1badger

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:46 AM

Afternoon all

I would like to thank to guys who have been brilliant in geting my pc back to desk top position after a possible infection

Still having trouble getting to the internet to go thro the malware programe that has been suggested

When I click on internet explorer I get hxxp://lampstage.in/test/index.php

I have reset my home page to google many times - i get the google home page up and are able to get the list of sunjects but when I click on the required one I get the page this page can not be displayed - please try the following etc etc

when I change the title to google - and then enter what thetech in here I eventually get the forum but not anything else ??

Wondering if anyone can help ?

Rgds

Paul
Edited by paws..link to unsafe website de-activated

Edited by paws, 10 August 2010 - 11:29 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:43 AM

Hi Paul, This is tricky. The website you linked to "lampstage" is reputed to be a bad one... contains malicious code etc. I strongly suggest you do not go there. (you will see that I have de-activated the link so folks will not inadvertantly infect themselves, by seeing the link in your post and clicking on it. The fact that you are being redirected to that site is strong evidence that your machine is infected. I suggest you do not use it for any other purpose than taking instructions and advice from LDTate on getting your machine cleaned. LDTate suggested you download a programme called Malwarebytes...please do this using a chum's machine and ask them to burn it to a CD for you. When you have done that post the logfile it creates (copy and paste it) back in your malware topic so that LDTate can cast his expert eye over it. In the meantime I have sent a message to LDTate so he will know whats going on Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 badger1badger

badger1badger

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:23 PM

thanks Paws I have a lap top but the very nature of ' burning ' a CD is a little perplexing for me I will have a go tho as I am very eager to learn - I struggle when I am asked do I save it or download it any help would be great ? Cheers Paul

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:50 PM

Hi Paul, 1 No worries, just go to the malwarebytes site and download the free version (just double click on the "Download" button in the link that LDTate provided you with) you may get warnings from your machine, click OK yes or Continue etc 2 You will be asked if you want to Save Run or Cancel, click on Save and save it to your desktop or anywhere you are sure to be able to find it again! 3 When its safely on the desktop, RIGHT click on the downloaded file and select send to CD/DVD...you will get a window saying "you have files to be written to a CD", click on the message and click on "Write files to CD," Click on OK and put a writable CD in the CD drive and away you go... 4 When its done remove the disc from your lappy and write on the CD (the side with the printing on) Malwarebytes and the date. then you are ready to stick it in your infected machine, 5 Go to My Computer (on the infected machine) click on the CD/DVD drive and you will see the file you downloaded, double click on it and it should start the installer. 6 Have a look at LD Tate's instructions again just to make sure you know exactly what he wants you to do. Follow onscreen directions and don't forget to select "Remove All" once the initial scan has completed. 7 A log file will appear so copy and paste this back in your malware topic so LD Tate can take a look at it..... he will advise you of the next steps. Good luck Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 badger1badger

badger1badger

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Hi paws I seem to have a ile on my cd now from the forums link called malware bytes - but when I run it on my infected pc I get an auto run error I will try it once more as I have been on it all day my eyes are square Hang on will come back Paul

#6 badger1badger

badger1badger

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 02:29 PM

Ok have put my cd into the infected machine in to the bottom tray which I believe is the cd rw tray ? there is another tray at the top - to be honest I am not really sure which one it goes into ??? So clicking on my computer I get all the optins of drives etc I click on cd rom and at the top comes up the file in a folder Malware bytes Anti malware - so double click on it and ....... and it opens up more sub folders in that folder -- the only ones which look any thing like are 2 icons with mbam and mbamgui with the malware icon - clicking on the first one mbam it comes up run time error '0' what seems to be not happening is the autorun from the original file It sounds stupid but I am getting really frustrated with it Regards Paul

#7 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

Hi Paul, I understand the frustration..but hang on in there... If you made the CD correctly then it doesn't matter which of the 2 CD drive trays you use... so don't worry. You are looking for a single file..there should not be a folder..if you have a folder then you may have gone wrong somewhere, so its best to do it again.... The file you should have downloaded is called mbam-setup-1.46.exe (the .exe on the end of the above file may not be visible depending on how your machine is set up) Find that file.... its 5.86mb in size and double click on it. Regards paws

#8 badger1badger

badger1badger

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hi paws yes I did it again and found the single file ! not a load of files !!! Even managed to run the program it found 95 infections !!!!! My pc is just restarting so I will keep you informed ! thanks Paul All the best from a tired lad in Leeds UK :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :woot: :woot: :woot:

#9 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 03:37 PM

Paul well done! If you have got rid of 96 infections that must be a help! Dont forget to copy and paste the logfile of what malwarebytes actually deleted over to LDTate (in your malware topic) so he can advise you on the next steps) I'm 230 miles south of you (in the Smoke), but have fond memories of working in Leeds...Yes really! Regards paws

#10 badger1badger

badger1badger

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 04:11 PM

Hi have pasted the log for the experts to see where in leeds did you work Paul