This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Google Redirect

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, When I click on a search result from Google, it redirects me to another website, usually advertising for something. Also, sometimes on these redirected pages a red pop-up box that says 'page attack' or 'attack page' (can't remember) comes up and warns me not to go to that site. Recently I ran a scan and a couple of things were detected and moved to the virus valt, however there was something it couldn't heal because it was unreachable or something. I have AVG Internet security on my computer - the paid for version. I am running Windows XP, Mozilla for internet browsing, and have a Toshiba laptop. Thankyou

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI