This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Antivir Solution Pro is kicking my butt.

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've only had it a day and it's blocking almost everything I try. My Kaspersky can't detect it. Anything I try and download like virus scanners, it won't let me run them, says the file is infected. I can't do a hijackthis log because it says the file is infected. Why do people make carp** like this? Help, please. :pullhair:
Hi RudeC,

:welcome:

My name is NightWizard and I will be your helper. :)

While I go through your log, I would very much appreciate it if you read the following.

  • I aim provide you with the best instructions possible to resolve your issue. However, I ask that you understand that malware is complex and the process usually takes a few attempts before successfully cleaning everything out. In severe cases cleaning may not be possible and a reformat may be our only option.
  • If you are unresponsive to this thread within three days, the thread will be locked due to inactivity. However, if you will be away, let us know and we will be sure to keep the thread open.
  • Please do not make any new threads about this issue here or any other malware removal forum; it wastes other helpers' time and it can be dangerous for your PC.
  • If you don't understand a set of instructions or you are having trouble performing some of the fix, don't panic! Let me know and I will be happy to help in any way I can.
  • Please remember that the absence of symptoms does not mean you are clean. I request that you stick to this log until the very end - I will inform you when your system is clean.
  • Please do not use any tools other than the ones I instruct you to use. Some of the tools available can be dangerous if used incorrectly.

Please be advised that I am still in training at this forum. My posts will be checked by experts before I post in this thread. This is to ensure you get the best possible help available. This may cause delay however I will do my best to limit the time gaps between posts.



Thanks for choosing WhatTheTech and I will be back with a fix shortly! :)


-NightWizard
Hi RudeC,

Note: If you have trouble running this scan, please try it in Safe Mode.

To boot into safe mode:
Reboot your PC and tap the F8 key just before Windows starts to load and select the Safe Mode option from the menu.

[external image: Posted Image]Please download OTL from one of the following links
  • LINK 1
  • LINK 2
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • Under the Custom Scan box paste this in;

    netsvcs
    drivers32 /all
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.*
    %systemroot%\system32\*.wt
    %systemroot%\system32\*.ruy
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.com
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.dll
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini
    %systemroot%\Fonts\*.ini2
    %systemroot%\system32\spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.tmp
    %systemroot%\system32\Spool\prtprocs\w32x86\*.dll
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
    %systemroot%\system32\user32.dll /md5
    %systemroot%\system32\ws2_32.dll /md5
    %systemroot%\system32\ws2help.dll /md5
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\Auto Update\Results\Install|LastSuccessTime /rs

  • Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI