Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Opera

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:15 PM

My personal web surfing habits are relatively complex and require a great deal of preparation, if you must know.... First, I've been growing Thai Dragon Chilis for several years. I also grow Cheyenne and Jalapeno as a change-of-pace. I grow my own Garlic. I grow my own garden fresh Tomatoes. I grow my own Cilantro (Coriander) With the above I make my own Salsa. I either bake my own chips or buy floor and white corn Tortilla chips lightly salted. Occasionally as an even greater change of pace I'll use some Grated Tillimook Extra Sharp Cheddar. Shredded London Broil roast Slivered ripe olives The above Salsa, Spread between two lightly roasted Tortillas and topped with Freshly grated Saputo Parmesan Brick Cheese and a dolip of Sour Cream What, you say? No guacamole? ...Nope. Not very often. Then I sit down in front of my 23"ViewSonic flat panel (I don't have broadcast TV) And enjoy the most recent episode of NCIS, Justified, or Lie to Me. Yes, I do keep a spare keyboard handy, in case of emergency, but have never had to use it.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:25 AM

Rather than the utility recommended by Lee above, which may be very good indeed, I like Sandboxie.
Or the FREE version of Sandboxie 3.46

And if you really want to lock down the management of your machine when connecting from public networks and/or networks that are not your own, consider MS SteadyState. (XP only, so far)

Note about Sandbox technology.
You may include your email client and your browser in the same Sandbox to improve security while conducting online activities.
However, keep in mind, that you will have given permissions to email client and browser to allow persistence of downloaded materials that "can" in some circumstances still infect your "real" machine.

That's why other security, and specifically MVPS Hosts File is a good idea to include in your security armor.

Oh mate,

You set youself up there as a 'sitter'.

I just couldn't help myself! :rofl:

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#18 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:48 AM

My personal web surfing habits are relatively complex and require a great deal of preparation, if you must know....

First, I've been growing Thai Dragon Chilis for several years.
I also grow Cheyenne and Jalapeno as a change-of-pace.
I grow my own Garlic.
I grow my own garden fresh Tomatoes.
I grow my own Cilantro (Coriander)

With the above I make my own Salsa.

I either bake my own chips or buy floor and white corn Tortilla chips lightly salted.

Occasionally as an even greater change of pace I'll use some
Grated Tillimook Extra Sharp Cheddar.
Shredded London Broil roast
Slivered ripe olives
The above Salsa,
Spread between two lightly roasted Tortillas
and topped with
Freshly grated Saputo Parmesan Brick Cheese and a dolip of Sour Cream

What, you say? No guacamole? ...Nope. Not very often.

Then I sit down in front of my 23"ViewSonic flat panel (I don't have broadcast TV)
And enjoy the most recent episode of NCIS, Justified, or Lie to Me.

Yes, I do keep a spare keyboard handy, in case of emergency, but have never had to use it.

Now that I can relate to Doug.

Zoe and I are reallty into that sort of thing. Even make our own pickle onions, jams, sauerkraut and everything else under the sun. We are bush people ( country people), have our own garden and as a plus I'm a qualified Chef De Party (Ex Hilton Head Chef and humble bottle washer). Maybe we could swap kitchen and garden info, some time?

My wife Zoe is obsessed with chillies and all the different varieties ( and oh boy, she is of Greek heritage from the island of Ithaca. big on Olives, Greek spirits and Chillies). She is not having a lot of success in the garden with Chiles (must be a secret to it).. Maybe we can swap some garden and kitchen knowledge sometime? :wavey:

Edited by Lee, 31 July 2010 - 11:59 AM.

The free advice, opinions and sentiments expressed here are mine only, so you can safely assume I have no software or OS company patrons or any other benefactors when I post in this forum.

#19 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Oh dear, sorry for all my post editing (most of my posts) Doug, My constant typos are annoying the hell out of me. I do hit the 'review' button. But even then I miss seeing some of my constant typos. Naturally I see them much later as I type early morning mostly when I have free time, but not a lot of light to see the keyboard properly. Sorry about that, but I thought I'd better say something as people must be 'wondering' about Lee when they see all the edits on my posts, I do eventually get them (mostly) right though in the end. I have a serious eyesight problem and I'm waiting in a long line for surgery (slowly going blind in the meantime).It's a pain and very frustrating. I'll have to give up my driver's license soon apparently, even though we live in a small town with little traffic and no traffic lights. No public transport either and Zoe only has a motorcycle license so she can't drive our 4x4. Oh joy, being a pillion on the back of her Moto Guzzi 1200cc Californian will be fun :-( OK, lets see if I can post this without a later edit (I've re-read this one 3 times) !

#20 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

Take it easy on yourself. You're doing just fine with your helpful posts here in the Forums.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#21 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:46 PM

Murphy's law of posting #12: Every typographical error in a post will be made in the shortest amount of time possible.
Murphy's law of posting #27: All errors in a post will not be noticed until just after you press the Save button.
Murphy's law of posting #42: The significance of an error in a post is directly proportional to the seriousness of the subject matter.
Murphy's law of posting #47: Spell check isn't

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#22 Lee

Lee

Occasional Tech

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

Thanks for the encouragement guys :blink:

#23 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:35 PM

That's what we're here for :rofl:

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown