This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

WAN Miniport with yellow exclimation mark

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Experts

I have got same problem as it has been described in the link below

http://forums.whatthetech.com/No_LAN_Wan_M…upt_t96455.html

I guess I managed to delete Trojan but I have got this problem with the device manager, please see the snap shot below

http://tinypic.com/r/214yqe8/6

[external image: Posted Image]

I tried this forum

http://forum.notebookreview.com/networking…iport-ip-2.html

But I could not get it fixed

Any advice from where should I start ?

Thanks
What is the make and model number of your computer. Looks like a lot of the networking stuff is whacked. The first thing I would do is go back into Device Manager and uninstall (right click and choose Uninstall) each of the entries that have the yellow mark. Shutdown and reboot. Let XP rediscover each device and reload it's driver. This can take several minutes, sometimes as much as 10 so please be patient. Once it's done and the no more hardware detection dialogs appear, reboot one more time then check the Network Adapters area again, see what it looks like.

What is the make and model number of your computer. Looks like a lot of the networking stuff is whacked.

Dell OptiPlex GX620

The first thing I would do is go back into Device Manager and uninstall (right click and choose Uninstall) each of the entries that have the yellow mark. Shutdown and reboot. Let XP rediscover each device and reload it's driver. This can take several minutes, sometimes as much as 10 so please be patient.

I did that in the normal mode and safe mode without any success

Thanks

Try downloading the driver from the Dell web site and reinstalling it, see if that helps.

Sorry I forgot to tell you that I had already done that

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI