I have one of these trojans on my other machine and it's locked up half the keyboard and the mousepad. I can only use some keys, the Windows key and alt-tab combination to scroll through options. Perhaps the least helpful is that the Enter button does not seem to be functioning.
Also, it took me several attempts to get Windows 7 actually started. Now it's up, I'm afraid to turn it off but the screen I have shows a dialogue box from AVG displaying two threats which both have the name ''Trojan horse Dropper.Agent.SYC'' I can't click or press Enter to even attempt to heal or delete them.
How do I get rid of this? Do I need full keyboard functionality or can I rescue it with some keys?
1) Reboot and upon startup press F8 repeatedly till an option menu appears
2) Select "Repair my computer"
3) Select the keyboard layout and language
4) When you reach system recovery tools, select System restore
5) Select the restore point when it was working fine and restart the computer.
let me know if that gives you access to the computer again.
If so run the following tools:
Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).
NEXT
Please download DDS from either of these links
LINK 1 LINK 2
and save it to your desktop.
Disable any script blocking protection
Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
————————————————— Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:
DDS.txt Attach.txt.
NEXT
[external image: Posted Image]
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO.
[external image: Posted Image] Click the image to enlarge it
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries