This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Trojan Horse Dropper.Agent.GIT and various others.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I've seen the tech support that Simon V has offered and would like his assistance in trying to clean my computer from this malware. On the 19th my sister-in-law got a trojan virus from Myspace messenger and my AVG 7.5 has been unable to completely remove it. My AVG picked up 17 hits the first scan and deleted any .exe files the trojan had created. The virus seems to be attached to a jkklm.dll file in my System32 folder. Upon restart this always creates a jkklm.exe file and I get a dialogue box that says Windows can not access jkklm.exe because it either does not exist or I don't have permissions to do so. Every night it seems to download more trojan downloaders and dropper.agent.git files which my AVG picks up but It can't permantely remove the problem. I removed the .ini start up registry for the jkklm.exe with Hijackthis but it seems to reappear. I have disabled and deleted all my restore points as the trojan seemed to have infected them as well. Please let me know what I need to do to remove this trojan horse permantely. Edit: When I go to view websites using IE 7.0 I keep getting pop ups and messages saying I need to download spyware protection. Related to trojan I believe.
Hello, and welcome to the forum; I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Please enable System Restore:

  • Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  • On the System Restore tab, uncheck Turn off System Restore or Turn off System Restore on all drives.
  • Click Apply.
  • When you see the confirmation message, click Yes.
  • Click OK.

I'll need a HijackThis log to diagnose the problem:

Download HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.

  • Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install HijackThis.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
  • Click on Install.
  • It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
  • Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in Notepad. Please post the contents of the report in your next reply.

Don't use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI