This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Re-register system DLLs in Windows 7

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Updated 06/28/2010:

ReRegisterDLL.bat is a batch file for re-registering system DLLs in Windows 7
using the regsvr32.exe command. You must run this from an Elevated Command Prompt.

Click on the Start button
Select All Programs then Accessories
Right click on Command Prompt and select “Run as Administrator” from context menu.

You need to restart your computer when the batch file completes for the changes to take effect.

Originaly written by FreemanAng and posted here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums…dd-ab41a05d26a2

Based on this post from Jaspreet here:

http://www.joejoe.org/forum/topic/18364-no…or/page__st__20

Re-written by Ztruker to only process system DLLs and avoid DLLs in
\Windows\assembly
\Windows\Downloaded Program Files
\Windows\Installer\$PatchCache$
\Windows\System32\DriverStore
\Windows\winsxs"

Removed need to edit the generated list of DLLs.
Replaced with FOR loop suggested by Appleoddity.

This process may take several minutes, be patient.
Notepad will open when the DLL name collection is done.
Review the list if you want then close Notepad when ready to continue.

You will be given the chance to terminate the process if you do not want to continue
by pressing Ctrl+c then entering y to terminate the batch process.

You will see the name of each DLL as it's being re-registered.

You can also tell ReRegisterDLL.bat to use an existing file which contains
a list of DLLs to register. This can be handy when someone else is providing
the list of DLLs or if you have run this before and edited the file to remove
any you don't want processed.

To do this, simply start ReRegisterDLL.bat and give it the filename.ext of
the existing file. If the file is not in the same directory as ReRegisterDLL.bat
then you must give it the fully qualified path of the file.

📎ReRegisterDLL.zip
during the process, it very often says 'Register Server stopped working'. Is that ok? I tried once without giving Administrator rights. It didnt work. No trying by running it 'As Administrator'. ANd is a restart needed to see the changes?
Asshiah, Ramachandran, what problem were you trying to fix that this batch file helped you with? Would be nice to know and could help someone else later on. Thanks.
:lol: I'm from Slovenia, I've been looking for that solution all day. I have notebook asus k52JT, and this error started when I have uninstalled NB-probe, Splendid utility and maybe some other drivers… Than at starting Win7 was always poping up ACMON error -Chameleon engine out of service and I couldn't even open my comp or control pane..ghrr. Than in some mysterious way I have rainstalled splendid utility from ASUS and NB probe, still now I don't know whtat's this NB probe means..And Accmon error diseappeared, then I was searching for explorer.exe problem and after 8hours of surfing finally found this fixing batv file, that acually worked.!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.! And excuse me on my bad Englis..i'm so excited cause my notebook is workin properly.!
And remember, don't uninnstal things if you don't now or you aren't soo sure what they means.
Thank You:! :D :D :D
I tried the original solution and then this batch file but re-registry of dlls stops at C:\windows\system32\3DImageRenderer.dll I've waited hours, but doesn't seem like it is moving forward. I do not have the windows installation disc since windows 7 (Home edition) came preinstalled in my laptop. Please help!