This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Hijacked To This Page And Can't Fix

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I've run Adware, SpybotSD and and Norton but my default IE page keeps being hijacked to res://idxwg.dll/index.html#37049. When running SpybotSD, I even removed everything listed but the following keep coming back which I assume is related to my hijacked browser. What am I missing? Thanks! Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7 Scan saved at 11:30:23 PM, on 6/25/2004 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Running processes: C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\gearsec.exe C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~2\GHOSTS~2.EXE C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7Debug\mdm.exe C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton Utilities\NPROTECT.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe C:\WINDOWS\apiza.exe C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\iesu.exe C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\Temporary Directory 7 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\NMain.exe C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\NORTON~1\navw32.exe C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\idxwg.dll/sp.html#37049 R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://idxwg.dll/index.html#37049 R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = res://idxwg.dll/index.html#37049 R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = res://C:\WINDOWS\idxwg.dll/sp.html#37049 R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://idxwg.dll/index.html#37049 R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = res://C:\WINDOWS\idxwg.dll/sp.html#37049 O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7A015144-5175-E3B9-7DB4-7366A22AC500} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\sysxk.dll O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iesu.exe] C:\WINDOWS\iesu.exe