This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

C: and D:

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello When I used to image my system with Acronis TI Home 2010 I would just see C: in My Comp. I just replaced the drive and when I performed an image I went to MY Comp and I see both C; and D: In My Comp D: is the DVD drive Why is this different and should I leave the backup as it is and consider it a valide one? Thank you
It's normal to see all attached drives, hard or optical so seeing C: and D: is definitely correct. Sounds like something was wrong previously and is now working correctly.

It's normal to see all attached drives, hard or optical so seeing C: and D: is definitely correct. Sounds like something was wrong previously and is now working correctly.



>>I had to reply with 'quote' because I am back to the same old problem of clicking on reply and being asked to log ,over and over.
I tried clearing cookies as you said once, and signing in as soon as I click on you link in my Live hotmail account. I think F.F. too has the same trouble as MSIE 8 but I will try it next.
Anyway, your reply was a relief. I did notice the backup was the same 6 GB as the previous good ones so I was optimistic. You are right that I had a problem in that I had to replace a noisy W.D. 1T drive with another. This one is quiet, for now. The transition went well and I did learn about reassigning letters to drives and a few other little tips.
I am glad to have learned to image as I have had 2 occasions when I had to recover my system on the laptop, with Macrium.
I have recovered files from Acronis but not needed to recover my system with it.
I will let you know about F.F. and logging in here.

>>I just tried F.F and all went well;apparently MSIE 8 is a problem. This occurs at Snapfish and has been an issue elsewhere.

Has to be some kind of cookie or firewall problem. At least FF works.



>>I think the answer might be in explorer. Under internet options>privacy>advanced> there are settings for cookies.There is an option to over ride automatic cookie handling by accepting cookies and 3rd part y ones. i think this site will not acept explorer unless I allow cookies but I have set it to the default which is automatic handling of them.
Some time I will give it a try.
This is an uneducated guess but as you say at least F.F. gets the job done.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI