This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Recommendations WIndows Server 2008

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My company has been operating for several years with an archaic Unix server. Reliability has been a major issue in the past couple of years and we are looking at having to replace this dinosaur. The IT manager is recommending Windows Server 2008 with Intel Xenon 7500 series processor and SQL 2008. My concern as I said before is reliability and the ability to easily upgrade as needed, both the hardware and the OS. I am also concerned with compatibility of applications running on the server. Most of the information I have gotten to date is complaints on licensing costs, but we are willing to make the investment if there is value in the return. Can anyone provide any insight into Windows Server 2008 with Intel Xenon 7500 series processors and SQL 2008 based on it's reliability and ability to grow with the company?
While I can’t answer your question directly, I thought I'd chime in with a resource link from Microsoft. The link below may help you as you evaluate the best server software and hardware for your company.

Best,

Deidra
The Microsoft SMB Outreach Team
[removed]

Links:
http://www.pinpoint.microsoft.com/en-US/
Pinpoint tool to help you find technology experts and special applications
@MikeKA
@DeidraJow
@grylee

Please refer to the WTT Terms of Use.
Here's an extract for your information:

•We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI