This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Problems with the display

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having several problems with the display. The first problem happens sometimes when I open my laptop: [external image: Posted Image]
The time that screen stays on varies, but I can still login to my computer and do stuff while that image is still displaying, but it does go away after a while(time varies to a few seconds to several minutes).

The second problem is this trailing image left on from the previous screen.
[external image: Posted Image]
As you can clearly see, there is a trailing image left over from the terminal I had opened. Whenever I go to a different window, the previous window leaves an after image. If I try to screen cap it, it doesn't catch the after image, so I took a pic with my phone.

Computer info: OS: Windows 7, Virus Protection: Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.
The screen is bad. It will have to be replaced. Its not a difficult procedure if you are sure to buy an equivalent model of screen from Ebay.
seems like you are using the laptop since long….This screen problem occurs so commonly in old laptops If you don't wanna change laptop you can change the screen easily from any well known repairing store. Do not try to get fixed this one as the problem will arise again too soon so better change the screen
It looks like this is a Dell Studio laptop running Windows 7, so not an old laptop by any means. Maybe there is a warranty still?
That's too bad, i don't think it because u was using it too long but u should change your screen :(

Edited by paws; active advertising link removed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI