This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Is my Mac infected?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I'm a Mac user (OS X 10.5.8) I share my apartment with two people. My internet service provider, Time Warner, told us that one of our computers has been sending out spam and "quarantined" us. They will not resume service until we find out whose computer has been infected by spyware. We all checked our computers but no one has found anything. I've been scanning my Mac using MacScan 2 and iAntiVirus, but nothing shows up. I'm wondering if there are more ways to make sure that my computer is clean? (Also – I've read the sticky posts, but none of them seem to apply to Macs. Please let me know if you need more extra information.) Much thanks!
[external image: Posted Image]


We don't have any tools that run with the MAC OS.

If you have any Windows PC's we can check those.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI