This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] hijack this logfile

10 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Is this the right forum to post a hijack this logfile? The self help forum said I can't start a new topic there…
Hello livewiredrinker,

This is the correct forum for getting help with malware issues. We no longer rely solely on HijackThis for getting a look at a users computer. It no longer provides us with the details necessary to locate an infection. Please don't worry about HijackThis we are going to run a couple of different tools to get some logs so that we can get a better look at what is going on with your system.


My name is SweetTech. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
  • Logs from malware removal programs (DDS is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
  • Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you.
    Reading too lightly will cause you to miss important steps, which could have destructive effects.
  • If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
  • Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
  • If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
  • In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
  • Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
  • I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
    Because of this, you must reply within three days
    . I will post a reminder should you seem to fail to do this, however, if you fail to reply within two days then,
    unless I have been notified of your absence in advance, the topic shall be closed!
  • Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
  • Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
    Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
____________________________________________________


OTL Custom Scan
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Under Custom Scan paste this in


    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    mv61xx.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav

  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
  • You may need two posts to fit them both in.


NEXT:



Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
    so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

    [external image: Posted Image]
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system…click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save… button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

NEXT:


Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:

1. Any comments or questions you may have that you'd like for me to answer in my next post to you.
2. The logs that are produced after running OTL. (OTL.txt & Extras.txt)
3. The log that was produced after running GMER. (GMER.txt)[/]i
4. An update on how your computer is currently running.

It would be helpful if you could answer each question in the order asked, as well as numbering your answers.

Hello livewiredrinker,

This is the correct forum for getting help with malware issues. We no longer rely solely on HijackThis for getting a look at a users computer. It no longer provides us with the details necessary to locate an infection. Please don't worry about HijackThis we are going to run a couple of different tools to get some logs so that we can get a better look at what is going on with your system.


My name is SweetTech. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

  • Logs from malware removal programs (DDS is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
  • Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you.
    Reading too lightly will cause you to miss important steps, which could have destructive effects.
  • If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
  • These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
  • Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
  • If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
  • In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
  • Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
  • I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
    Because of this, you must reply within three days
    . I will post a reminder should you seem to fail to do this, however, if you fail to reply within two days then,
    unless I have been notified of your absence in advance, the topic shall be closed!
  • Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
  • Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
    Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
____________________________________________________


OTL Custom Scan
  • Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Under Custom Scan paste this in


    netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    /md5start
    eventlog.dll
    scecli.dll
    netlogon.dll
    cngaudit.dll
    sceclt.dll
    ntelogon.dll
    logevent.dll
    iaStor.sys
    nvstor.sys
    atapi.sys
    IdeChnDr.sys
    viasraid.sys
    AGP440.sys
    vaxscsi.sys
    nvatabus.sys
    viamraid.sys
    nvata.sys
    nvgts.sys
    iastorv.sys
    ViPrt.sys
    eNetHook.dll
    ahcix86.sys
    KR10N.sys
    nvstor32.sys
    ahcix86s.sys
    nvrd32.sys
    symmpi.sys
    adp3132.sys
    mv61xx.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    CREATERESTOREPOINT
    %systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
    %systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav

  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
  • You may need two posts to fit them both in.


NEXT:



Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
  • Main Mirror
    This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
  • Zipped Mirror
    This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
  • Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
  • Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
    so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
  • Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
  • Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.

    [external image: Posted Image]
  • GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
  • If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system…click NO.
  • Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
  • When the scan is finished, click the Save… button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
  • Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
  • Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.

NEXT:


Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:

1. Any comments or questions you may have that you'd like for me to answer in my next post to you.
2. The logs that are produced after running OTL. (OTL.txt & Extras.txt)
3. The log that was produced after running GMER. (GMER.txt)[/]i
4. An update on how your computer is currently running.

It would be helpful if you could answer each question in the order asked, as well as numbering your answers.

Thanks but I kinda feel like some of that stuff is over my head. I was hoping this was the place to just copy and paste a hijackthis log file and be told what to fix since this was a place linked from their site to upload your results and get help.

Thanks but I kinda feel like some of that stuff is over my head. I was hoping this was the place to just copy and paste a hijackthis log file and be told what to fix since this was a place linked from their site to upload your results and get help.

If you want to have your HijackThis log analyzed I'll be more than happy to so, but I'm not sure how much I'll be able to tell from your log. The instructions I gave to you regarding OTL and GMER will give me a better idea of what is going on with your system and will show me if you have any severe infections on your system such as a rootkit. I'd prefer to see the logs that are produced after running the OTL and GMER scans, but if you'd rather have me analyze just your HijackThis log then I will do so.
Hello livewiredrinker! It's been several days since I last posted instructions for you to complete. Do you still require assistance in getting your computer cleaned up? Thanks, SweetTech.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI