[Closed] Infection from Antivirus XP 2010
5 min read
- Logs from malware removal programs (DDS is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you.
Reading too lightly will cause you to miss important steps, which could have destructive effects. - If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- These instructions have been specifically tailored to your computer and the issues you are experiencing with your computer. It's important to note that these instructions are not suitable for any other computer, even if the issues are fairly similar.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together
Because of this, you must reply within five days. I will post a reminder should you seem to fail to do this, however, if you fail to reply within three days then,
unless I have been notified of your absence in advance, the topic shall be closed! - Please do not PM me directly for help. If you have any questions, post them in this topic.
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
I am checking over your log, I will post back shortly with instructions.
- Download OTL to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
- Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
- Under Custom Scan paste this in
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
eventlog.dll
scecli.dll
netlogon.dll
cngaudit.dll
sceclt.dll
ntelogon.dll
logevent.dll
iaStor.sys
nvstor.sys
atapi.sys
IdeChnDr.sys
viasraid.sys
AGP440.sys
vaxscsi.sys
nvatabus.sys
viamraid.sys
nvata.sys
nvgts.sys
iastorv.sys
ViPrt.sys
eNetHook.dll
ahcix86.sys
KR10N.sys
nvstor32.sys
ahcix86s.sys
nvrd32.sys
symmpi.sys
adp3132.sys
/md5stop
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
CREATERESTOREPOINT
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav - Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.
- You may need two posts to fit them both in.
Scanning with GMER
Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.
[external image: Posted Image]
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO.
[external image: Posted Image]
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
- Sections
- IAT/EAT
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries
NEXT:
Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:
1. The logs that were produced after running OTL. (OTL.txt & Extras.txt)
2. The log that was produced after running GMER. (GMER.txt)
3. An update on how your computer is currently running.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI