Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

fes.sk/files/sup/test.php

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 warren81

warren81

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:46 PM

Came across this yesterday but not had an opportunity to ask until now. My address bar says just what the topic says and it does so on IE8 Firefox and Opera. When I enter a web address it will attempt to load but will only go back to fes.sk/files/sup/test.php. I'm using AVG Antivirus too by the way and a previous forum I was on had a poster with the same problem and was using AVG. As to if AVG has something to do with that then I dont know but thought I would let you know.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

There may be several reasons for this problem.

But first, please rule out any malware or browser hijacker.

Read and follow the directions here
Post here
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 warren81

warren81

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

I cant do any of that because I cant log on to the internet to download any of those.

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:06 PM

Restart the computer and begin tapping the F8 key before Windows starts to load. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and press Enter. Log on to the Administrator account and click Yes to continue.

Click Start, My Computer, Tools, Folder Options, and View. Select "Show hidden files and folders", click OK. Leave the window open for now.

Click Start and Run, (type)Temp and click OK to open the folder. Click Edit and Select All, then click File and Delete. Confirm the deletion if prompted. Close the folder.

In the My Computer window, double-click the C drive. Right-click "Documents and Settings" and click Search. Type "temp" under filename (please include the quotes around temp). Under "More advanced options", select "Search hidden files and folders" and "Search subfolders". Click Search.

When the search completes, double-click the separators to the left and right of "In Folder" so that the location of the Temp files and folders can be seen. For each Local Settings folder, delete the Temp folder it contains by right-clicking and clicking Delete.

When done, click "Change file name". (Type) Content.ie5 under filename and click Search. Delete all of the Content.ie5 folders.

Close Search. If the Recycle Bin is not on the Desktop, click Start, right-click My Computer, click Explore. Right-click the Recycle Bin, click Empty Recycle Bin, and confirm.

Restart the computer normally.

There are additional steps that can be taken for Mozilla Firefox.
However, please complete the above and then try browsing with IE

Let us know your results.

#5 warren81

warren81

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 04:33 PM

No luck. Did all that was instructed and still not working. When I did a search for content.ie5 there were no search results by the way. Should there have been.?

#6 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yes, you should have seen several folders in C:\Documents and Settings\(your username)\local settings\temporary internet files\content.ie5 Each folders should have quite a few individual files.... all can be deleted. Try typing in the entire address string into the address bar of your My Computer

#7 Drifter

Drifter

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:31 PM

I'm experiencing the same exact problem as the topic creator. This happens to me on Firefox and IE, however, if I log onto AOL I can access websites with no problem. What should I do?

#8 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

Drifter, If you are able to do so, please post in our Infections Removal Forum. I'd love to see the system logs involving this problem. It could help you, and help others that are stuck with the same. Thanks in advance.

#9 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

Read here
Post here