This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

"Your system is infected"

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi there, My step-son turned on his computer the other day to discover a warning message about spyware, informing him that a Trojan had been detected. At first I thought this was a genuine problem until I read the "warning" and noticed the terrible grammar . As a result of this, he cannot access his profile, and on my own profile, the wall paper has changed and cannot be changed back. We cannot access the internet via the PC (I am writing on my laptop). I have run a scan using Norton AV, but this does not appear to have helped at all (I don't know if this will affect anything, but I have not renewed my Norton AV as I cannot afford it!). Having heard horror stories about personal info being stolen via malicious software, I am anxious to sort this problem out. If there is anyone who can offer assistance I would appreciate it greatly. Many thanks Rich
Hello Rich_JD :wavey:

You have come to the right site but you are posting your problem in the wrong forum.

The problem you are describing may very well be malware related. It would be wise to have your system checked, just to be sure.

The link provided below will take you to the Infections removal forum. Please create a new thread there and wait for an advisor.

http://forums.whatthetech.com/Infections_Removal_f27.html

Good Luck and Best Wishes
JonTom
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :) If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact me or another staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI