This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] PROXY-X TROJAN , very unstably laptop

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Select Yes for the host file fix.


when i try now,

The webpage cannot be found DNS error occurred. Server cannot be found. The link may be broken


the same error that happens when i try to access my Poker site forum
Make Sure Internet Explorer is NOT open when trying this) Launch HijackThis, click the 'Open'Misc Tools'Section -> 'Open hosts file manager'. Delete every line (select each line and click 'Delete line(s)') except the very first top lines beginning with # and: 127.0.0.1 localhost Once finished, click the 'Open in Notepad' button. It should look like this: QUOTE # Copyright © 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp. # # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one # space. # # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol. # # For example: # # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host 127.0.0.1 localhost
Where there any extra settings in the host file?

Click Start . Run type in Command (enter)
At the command prompt type in: ipconfig release/all (enter)
Type in: ipconfig /renew (enter)
Type in Exit.
Hi ,

When I type in run from the start menu

I get this box below , typing ipconfig release/all closes the box and its gone.So i cant type in the other commands.

[external image: Posted Image]


So I opened up a command box and typed in there



I get an error,unrecognised or incomplete command line
I have had an e-mail from the website that I have not been able to access, they have confirmed that they were experiencing problems themselves.That explaing why i could not get access at the librARY.

So maybe my Memory stick is not infected after all.
Certainly. Originally ,I had my laptop freezing up when I opened and closed my regular programs.I was having to do system restores typically hrice daily. During the process of fixing that problem. I temorarily uninstalled AVG so I could get combofix to work. We never did get combofix to work , Now, at this very moment in time, My Lap top is working perfectly, except ,I have no virus checker or resident shield. I think its fair to say , My original problem had gone , SO we could say problem resolved. However , I cannot now download anything successfully. If i try to download AVG , or combbofix or Any of the other tools . They appear to download, and they show u for a split second, then disappear. If they go on my desktop/ USB memory stick or whatever folder I care to Place them in, they dont seem to be there. I now have no virus checker, and cant seem to down load one. Would it be easier to end this topic as resolved , and me post a new one, cant download anything sucessfully? My laptop is extremely vulnerable at the moment.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI