This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] PROXY-X TROJAN , very unstably laptop

28 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Delete thes files

C:\Users\charlie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JPKZNRYL\show_ads[1].js C:\Users\charlie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\UE9UJE8K\show_ads[1].js

Delete these folders
C:\Users\charlie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\JPKZNRYL
C:\Users\charlie\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\UE9UJE8K
Hello , No , exactly the same , opens briefly and closes in that instant. from memory stick and desktop. I cant get AVG either back either. SO no protection.
Well it looks like we are limited as to what we can do.
Download this to the USB Stick and run from there.

Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit icon to start the program.
  • press start
  • Allow the program to run the initial express scan
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory. If something is found, click the YES button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
    Note: A pop up may appear during this phase suggesting you purchase their program - click the X at the top right corner of this pop-up to close it.
  • Once the scan is complete, the results will be displayed
  • on the menu bar, click file and choose report list.
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Note:this report will need to be renamed to Dr.Web.txt in order to post it on the forum.
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
  • Please post the Dr.Web.txt report in your next reply
same as before.

Program down loads to USB, takes around 6 minutes.

When the download is complete. it doesnt show on my memory stick.

Ill take a trip to the library.

My local one is closed, ill drive into town.

EDIT, I also tried to download it too desktop , when the download comlpetes. I saw it appear for a split second, then it vanished.
ive just spotted a curteit.exe on my deskytop from MAY2008 , COULD THIS BE TRUSTED. I did click it and it gave me the option to download the latest cuteit exe, but didnt like to proceed without your agreement.

ive just spotted a curteit.exe on my deskytop from MAY2008 , COULD THIS BE TRUSTED. I did click it and it gave me the option to download the latest cuteit exe, but didnt like to proceed without your agreement.

Give it a go.
DANG. Im in the library , I think my USB stick is infected. The library PC is behaving the same at my laptop. IT wont let me access 2 sites . A poker forum I use and my facebook , I get exactly the same errors. ill copy one here, they might throw some light on this matter. I have emailed the web SITE INVOLVED. to see if they are having problems ——————————————————————————————————– Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: User eproxim_Eric has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/eproxim/public_html/phpBB2/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48 Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eproxim/public_html/phpBB2/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330 Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/eproxim/public_html/phpBB2/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331 phpBB : Critical Error Could not connect to the database
Well I hope we didn't infect the library computer.

Download this file
http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/…Disinfector.exe

For all of your USB or external drives:

Open the drive.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Look for the file autorun.inf and delete it if found.
Also look for a Folder that's named resycled, make sure of the spelling and delete the folder if found. DO NOT delete the Recycler folder.

Now run the Flash_Disinfector.exe.

Be sure to insert any flash drives or USB devices that you use.
Hello, The old cureitx.exe has been updated from the desktop and is doing an express scan . Its been running for 48 minutes now and is half way through. the cureit that I downloaded from the library , I first tried to copy it to desktop ( instead of running it from USB), It pasted over ok, but disappeared instantly. My next log post should be my cureitx log report
Cure it x did not produe a logfile , when I select FILE / SAVE REPORT LIST. that option is ghosted , so cant be hi-lighted.

ALso, no virus was found,maybe thats why no log was produced.I also looked in the folder where the Dr web logfile would have been, and the logfile was the one from MAY2008.

I took a screen shot of the one instruction it gave me.

I selected YES on thie request.





[external image: Posted Image]

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI