This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been working for the last few weeks to get my system cleaned up and I am down to 2 nagging instances of the same problem, I think, which is a trojan called "Trojan-Spy.html.fraud.gen". If I run a Kaspersky online scan, I get a report that says that the same threat is located in 2 places in the Inboxes of my Thunderbird profile. I really do not want to delete the entire contents of my Thunderbird Inboxes to remove these threats, but I can't figure out how to localize and destroy the threats. Since I know where the problem is, I have run the Kaspersky scan while watching the results as it scans the Inbox, and I can see that the problem is located in "Inbox//From[WILL…se Bank Scam!!]/html" in one instance and "Inbox//From[com…commerce bank!]/html" in the second instance. If I search Thunderbird for messages with any of those words, I get no returns. If I search the Registry, I get no results. How can I find the specific messages in the Inbox which contain these files and delete them? I'll certainly appreciate any suggestions. Here is the Kaspersky Report: Saturday, January 2, 2010 Operating system: Microsoft Professional (build 7600) Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13 Last database update: Saturday, January 02, 2010 22:49:41 Records in database: 3382378 Scan settings scan using the following database extended Scan archives yes Scan e-mail databases yes Scan area Folder C:\Users\Jon\Application Data\Thunderbird Scan statistics Objects scanned 592 Threats found 1 Infected objects found 0 Suspicious objects found 2 Scan duration 00:12:40 File name Threat Threats count C:\Users\Jon\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\JonYale\Mail\127.0.0-2.1\Inbox Suspicious: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen 1 C:\Users\Jon\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\JonYale\Mail\127.0.0-3.1\Inbox Suspicious: Trojan-Spy.HTML.Fraud.gen 1 Selected area has been scanned.
Hi JonHK, You could try and create a new folder within Thunderbird, move a small group of emails to the new mail folder and scan just that folder. If no dections move them back to the inbox and try another group.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI