This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Internet security 2010

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi. I'm typing from iPod touch so please bear with me. I got hit by Internet security 2010. I was following instructions on this site which have helped 2 times before. After downloading the 2 programs.. MalWare something and another, sorry can't remener the other, I rebooted. I'm on so and.have a startup password. After entering my password it logged on then logged rite off before I got windows. What in earth did I do and how can I log in? I've tried repeatedly and never get thru.
I have a couple of corrections, now that I'm typing from my work computer instead of the ipod. I downloaded the ATF Cleaner and ran that. After completing that, I downloaded the Maleware program, but on the very last step it said I had a couple of problems that prevented the program from loading, a downloading error. After retrying a few times, I downloaded Adaware, which I have used in the past. After completing that, I rebooted, and it was at that time that I was unable to log in. What happens is when the password prompt comes up when the computer is first turned on, it accepts the password and says "logging in" then just as quickly says "logging out" and returns me to the password screen. I'm pretty sure I can get the job done if I can get to the windows page, but can someone tell me HOW to get there?
Are you able to access safe mode?

When the computer boots up tap F8 repeatedly til an option menu appears, first try Last Known Good Configuration - see if you can boot normally.

If LKGC did not work, then boot to the option screen again and arrow up to Safe Mode with Networking, log on with your normal account, then run the following programs:



Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
  • Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
  • A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
  • Post the contents of log.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com)
Note If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).



NEXT



Please download DDS from either of these links

LINK 1
LINK 2

and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.pif to run the tool.
  • When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
—————————————————
Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt
Attach.txt.


NEXT


[external image: Posted Image]
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
  • Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
  • Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan…click on NO.

    [external image: Posted Image]
    Click the image to enlarge it
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
    • Sections
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in your next reply.

**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI