bamanishus
Topic Starter
Please help! I am running Windows XP on an HP DC5700 series computer. I was using iGoogle as my home page, and one day I found my computer infected with something called Windows Defender. I took the PC to a local shop, and they found and cleaned the virus and installed AVG virus protection, and also MalwareBytes. AVG runs continuously, and I run MalwareBytes about once a week. However, ever since I got the computer cleaned, when I open up iGoogle, I get a pop-up that tells me the security certificate is not valid. OK, so I try to go to google.com and that's where the weirdness really begins! Google.com opens in German, and the website is even redirected to google.com/de. I finally found a site that suggested I type in http://www.google.com.ncr and I was finally able to get to google in English! But now even that page has a link "go to google.deutschland" as one of the links under the search bar. More fun…when I enter a search keyword and press enter, all the results that come back are UK sites….amazon.co.uk, shop.co.uk, etc. I brought my company laptop home and hooked it up to my home DSL connection, and I do NOT have the same problem, so I know the problem is with the computer. I have taken the home computer back to the computer shop and they tell me they don't find anything wrong, so I am at my wit's end to figure this out!!
Does anyone please have any ideas of settings I can change or other things I can try to resolve this?? Thank you so much!!
Does anyone please have any ideas of settings I can change or other things I can try to resolve this?? Thank you so much!!