This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Vundo.JD Removal

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am currently running Win XP along with AVG Free version 9.0. My scan picked up the following last night: "C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe (644):\memory_00270000";"Trojan horse Vundo.JD";"Moved to Virus Vault" "C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe (644)";"Trojan horse Vundo.JD";"Reboot is required to finish the action" "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe (2232):\memory_00250000";"Trojan horse Vundo.JD";"Moved to Virus Vault" "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\gs_agent\custom\dsca.exe (2232)";"Trojan horse Vundo.JD";"Reboot is required to finish the action" AVG claims to have removed this, but when I reboot, I get an error message that says something on the lines of logon.exe could not be found. I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking to write it all down. I run the scan again, the same four items pop up. I've already run VundoFix and that scan came back not finding anything. Can you please assist me in getting this thing removed? Thanks so much.
Take a read through this thread and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI