Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91808 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

IE popups while running firefox

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 one5oh2nv

one5oh2nv

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:50 PM

Been having this problem for a few days now! Tried to Google a fix but didnt come up with a whole lot. I have been having ie popups while running firefox. the pop up everytime I access a new web page. It is getting quite annoying. I have cox's security suite on my computer so it runs mcafee. Everytime I run a scan it come back with nothing. Please help me! Its doing this on both of my computers! Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 16 December 2009 - 07:59 PM

Hi one5oh2nv, welcome to WhatTheTech. Need a bit more information please. What kind of popups? What do they look like, what is the URL? Is FireFox set as your default browser or is IE?

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 one5oh2nv

one5oh2nv

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

The popups usually have to deal with whatever im looking at or searching for. Thats another thing thats going on sometimes when I search it goes to a different search engine and find off the wall stuff! They look like normal ie windows. Havent payed any attention to the url 's but I will. I have firefox as my default browser. I never use ie!

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 16 December 2009 - 08:18 PM

I believe you have some kind of malware infection, not a virus but one that McAfee does not catch (nor will most AV software).

Download and run the free version of MBAM (Malware Bytes Anti Malware). Let it update then do the Quick scan, see what it finds and fixes. If anything, then I would recommend you go to the HijackThis™ Logs and Infections Removal forum, read the info there and follow the posted directions. Once you receive a clean bill of health, come back here if you have any additional questions or concerns or it turns out not to be a malware problem.

Please be patient as that is a very busy area. If you do not receive a response in 3 days, post a message here:

Rich

#5 one5oh2nv

one5oh2nv

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

I ran the mbam and it came back with 36 items I removed them. I havent had any issues, but have only used the comp for about 15 min. Ill give it a day or two and report back! Thanks Ztruker

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,805 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 04:51 PM

MBAM is good, but like McAfee or Symantec, it only finds some malware. None of them find all of it. If you do experience any more problems, please follow the link I gave you and post in our malware forum and let a pro look at you system.

Rich