Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

MSN keeps changing my name on several accounts, no spyware found thoug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aquasplash

aquasplash

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

Something really weird has recently started going on with my MSN 7.5 (yes I reinstalled that for free.) Recently I started getting TONS and TONS and TONS of spam messages through IM, like make21 or makedate21 or something, links, boxes telling me I was liked by someone special, click here to find out who and so forth from junky emails like znffdhe`@hotmail.com etc. I haven't signed up with any dodgy looking website, program or anything else out there, and there doesn't seem to be any infection on my computer, as my CPU and memory are both fine. I've tried scanning with Spybot and Mcafee and nothing comes up (checked to make sure no programs or files were ignored etc), even in safe mode it doesn't have a clue what's going on. But the weirdest thing is, my username keeps changing back to my email. On every account I try on MSN. It's set to display my display name, but it's still displaying everyone's emails, including mine. And once I sign out, then back in again it's back to my email address. I've tried reinstalling MSN but that hasn't made a difference, incase it was that fake MSN thing. Honestly, I haven't a clue what to do now. I need to check my bank statement online as I'm spending lots of travel at the moment, and need to keep an eye on my jobseekers, and I have to know that my computer is safe to do that with. But also I haven't the time or the space to sort everything out on my computer, back it all up then format the hard drive. Other people on list don't appear to be online a lot so I'm wondering if my account is sending them stuff. Or whether they're just not online. Since it refuses to upload my log for HijackThis (which I must say I haven't a clue how to use ^^;) I've put it below. --------------------- Attached File  HJT_for_aquasplash.txt   9.11KB   423 downloads

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 aquasplash

aquasplash

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 01:55 PM

By the way - AppleMobileDevices is something that came with ITunes and I have blocked it's access to the internet as I wasn't sure at the time what it was. And MsnPlus I no longer have on the PC. I never installed the spyware version of it though, incase you're wondering.

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 02 December 2009 - 03:07 PM

Yes the MSNplus came with a nasty LOP infection. If you decide to post to the Malware Forum, please be sure that you have NotePad - Word Wrap (turned-off) ____________________ I haven't used windows messenger for a very long time (months) But when I just now fired it up, all of my contacts were listed as their email address, instead of their MS messenger UserName. ______________________- About receiving annoying contacts from strangers... If you allow your Profile to be listed as Online, others can see you. Use the options - privacy(tab) to include those Contacts who you wish to be able to see you when you are online. Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.