This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

flashing green power light - no power

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had a problem opening windows and thought that I might solve it by unplugging the computer. I unplugged the computer power cord, waited a few minutes and then plugged it back in thinking that this might cause it to reset. The result was that the green power light on the back of the computer is now flashing and I can't turn on the computer at all. I googled flashing power lights and found that others with HP (like ours) and Compaq computers have had this problem after power outages. Some of them solved it by unplugging the power cord from the motherboard and then plugging it back in while under power. I was desperate enough to try this but it didn't work for me. Green light still flashing and can't turn on the computer. Any thoughts?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI