Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 92374 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] Windows SBS 2003

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 AhmedEl

AhmedEl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:04 PM

Hello! This is my first post here! I really appreciate your help! I think how you are helping all these other people is great! I have a Windows 2003 SBS that looks like its infected with a Sality ?Trojan? TaskManager is Ghost. I downloaded Proces Explorer to see whats running. There is always an exe file running from the temp folder in the local settings folder. I can endtask it and it doesnt come back up except after an hour or so. I need to clean this off, but I know most of the malware removal tools dont work on SBS. Please let me know what you need before we gget started and I will get it right to you! I hope I explained my situation enough. If you need more information let me know! Thank You! Ahmed

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

Hello and :welcome: Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise. This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible. I will post back shortly with instructions.

Proud graduate of WTT Classroom

The help we provide here is free, however, if you wish to donate, you can do so here: http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#3 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 10:17 PM

Hi,

Please download ERUNT from one of the following links:
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click erunt-setup.
  • Choose a language then press Enter or click OK to continue.
  • Click Next on the Welcome window.
  • Install it using the default settings and choose No when asked to add ERUNT to the start up folder.
  • Make sure a check mark is placed beside Launch ERUNT and uncheck Show documentation.
  • Click Finish.
  • Once installed, open ERUNT.exe if it hasn't opened yet then create a registry back up.

How to create ERUNT back up:
  • Open ERUNT.exe, if it hasn't opened yet.
  • Click OK on the welcome screen.
  • Choose the default settings for the back up.
  • Make sure a check mark is placed beside System registry and Current user registry.
  • Click OK.
  • If the destination folder does not exist, ERUNT will prompt you and just click on Yes.
  • A confirmation window will popup when complete.
  • Click OK to close.

Note: To restore your registry, go to %WINDIR%\ERDNT (ex. C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT) and choose the folder which you want to restore and open ERDNT.exe

--Next--

Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------
  • Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
  • Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by scroling down to the Attachments area and then clicking Browse. Browse to where you saved the file, and click Open and then click UPLOAD.

---------------------------------------------------

Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Please attach the second file; Attach.txt. To attach a file, do the following:
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel.
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button.
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box.
  • Click on to insert the attachment into your post
Please post both DDS logs in your next reply.

--Next--

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
Please download RootRepeal one of these locations and save it to your desktop
Here
Here
Here
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check just these boxes:
  • Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:, and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your post.

To post in your next reply:
1. DDS logs.
2. RootRepeal log.

The help we provide here is free, however, if you wish to donate, you can do so here: http://www.whatthetech.com/donate/

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#4 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 10:41 PM

Hi, It's been a few days. Do you still need help on this?

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#5 AhmedEl

AhmedEl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 08:45 AM

Yes I do, I hadn't received an email notifying someone had replied. I will work on getting these logs and posting them ASAP. Thank You.

#6 AhmedEl

AhmedEl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

Hi inzanity, I was able to install erunt. But I am not able to run DDS and RootRepeal because the system I am running is Windows 2003 SBS. What should I do now? Thank you

#7 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 11:34 PM

Hi,

Let's try this instead:

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
  • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt.
    Note:These logs can be located in the OTL. folder on you C:\ drive if they fail to open automatically.
  • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply. You may need two posts to fit them both in.
--Next--

Download Trend Micro Hijack This™ and save to desktop.

It is important that you uninstall any previous versions by using Add/Remove programs in your control panel before installing a newer version.
Double click the HJTInstall.exe to start it.
By default it will install HijackThis in the Program Files\Trendmicro folder and create a desktop shortcut.

Accept the license agreement by clicking the "I Accept" button.
Click on the "Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
Click "Save log" to save the log file and then the log will open in Notepad.
Click on Edit-> Select All then click on "Edit -> Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Please post your new HJT log in this topic.

Do NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet! Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

--Next--

Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
"<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
  • Click NO
  • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
  • Now click the Scan button.
    Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware tab & make sure the 'Show All' button is unticked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop

To post in your next reply:
1. OTL log.
2. Hijackthis log.
3. GMER log.

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#8 AhmedEl

AhmedEl

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hey inzanity,

1) When I run OTL it says "System Restore Interface not present."

2) HJT Log is below

3) While doing a scan with GMER it stopped unexpectedly and the server restarted its self. There was no log produced but I copied below what the scan shows before it stops. I believe there is Iexplorer in there because I had it open while doing the last scan.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:55:12 PM, on 11/26/2009
Platform: Windows 2003 SP2 (WinNT 5.02.3790)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16640)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Dfssvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\dns.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\inetinfo.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SBSMONITORING\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SHAREPOINT\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.2\OLAP\bin\msmdsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntfrs.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.3\Reporting Services\ReportServer\bin\ReportingServicesService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SBSMONITORING\Binn\sqlagent.EXE
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlbrowser.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared\sqlwriter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcpsvcs.exe
C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exmgmt.exe
C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\mad.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Binn\msftesql.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSSearch\Bin\mssearch.exe
C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe
c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rdpclip.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LMIGuardian.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = res://shdoclc.dll/softAdmin.htm
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft....k/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - {AE7CD045-E861-484f-8273-0445EE161910} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Adobe PDF - {47833539-D0C5-4125-9FA8-0819E2EAAC93} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LogMeIn GUI] "C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeInSystray.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [tscuninstall] %systemroot%\system32\tscupgrd.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: ERUNT AutoBackup.lnk = C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert link target to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECaptureSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selected links to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppendSelLinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert selection to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to Adobe PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIECapture.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Convert to existing PDF - res://C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Acrobat\AcroIEFavClient.dll/AcroIEAppend.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://companyweb
O15 - Trusted IP range: 10.0.113.29
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://www.update.mi...b?1209236253468
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.m...ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {E06E2E99-0AA1-11D4-ABA6-0060082AA75C} (GpcContainer Class) - https://e-mds.webex....ort/ieatgpc.cab
O16 - DPF: {E5F5D008-DD2C-4D32-977D-1A0ADF03058B} (JuniperSetupSP1 Control) - https://www.radreg.c...perSetupSP1.cab
O16 - DPF: {FD0B6769-6490-4A91-AA0A-B5AE0DC75AC9} (Performance Viewer Activex Control) - https://secure.logme...trl.cab?lmi=100
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = chestinstitute.local
O17 - HKLM\Software\..\Telephony: DomainName = chestinstitute.local
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{5FB2142A-2A78-46C8-92B0-BC3935E5F38F}: NameServer = 192.168.1.100
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = chestinstitute.local
O17 - HKLM\System\CS2\Services\Tcpip\Parameters: Domain = chestinstitute.local
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn Maintenance Service (LMIMaint) - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\RaMaint.exe
O23 - Service: LogMeIn - LogMeIn, Inc. - C:\Program Files\LogMeIn\x86\LogMeIn.exe

--
End of file - 7065 bytes

GMER 1.0.15.15252 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2009-11-26 15:25:55
Windows 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\uftdypob.sys

---- Kernel code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

? C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\gssumh.sys The system cannot find the file specified. !

---- User code sections - GMER 1.0.15 ----

.text C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe[3856] kernel32.dll!TerminateProcess 77E42004 5 Bytes JMP 005E2A53 C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe (Microsoft MDB Store/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe[3856] kernel32.dll!ExitProcess 77E668F1 5 Bytes JMP 005E2A2B C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe (Microsoft MDB Store/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!DialogBoxParamW 773896A9 5 Bytes JMP 4636F301 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!MessageBoxExW 7739EE4A 5 Bytes JMP 4650161F C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!DialogBoxIndirectParamW 773A6296 5 Bytes JMP 46501712 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!MessageBoxExA 773C42AD 5 Bytes JMP 46501659 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!DialogBoxParamA 773CA0AF 5 Bytes JMP 465016D7 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!DialogBoxIndirectParamA 773CA172 5 Bytes JMP 4650174D C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!MessageBoxIndirectA 773D7D40 5 Bytes JMP 46501693 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)
.text C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe[4932] USER32.dll!MessageBoxIndirectW 773D7E30 5 Bytes JMP 463916B6 C:\WINDOWS\system32\IEFRAME.dll (Internet Explorer/Microsoft Corporation)

---- User IAT/EAT - GMER 1.0.15 ----

IAT C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exmgmt.exe[3208] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleBaseNameW] [4B761B7E] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\exmgmt.exe[3208] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleFileNameExW] [4B761AC7] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\mad.exe[3272] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleBaseNameW] [4B761B7E] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\mad.exe[3272] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleFileNameExW] [4B761AC7] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe[3856] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleBaseNameW] [4B761B7E] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\store.exe[3856] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleFileNameExW] [4B761AC7] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe[4400] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleBaseNameW] [4B761B7E] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)
IAT C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe[4400] @ C:\WINDOWS\system32\iphlpapi.dll [PSAPI.DLL!GetModuleFileNameExW] [4B761AC7] C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\PSAPI.DLL (Process Status Helper/Microsoft Corporation)

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.15 ----

#9 inzanity

inzanity

♠♠lost♠♠

• Malware Team
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 11:45 PM

Hi,

It seems that you are not running any security software such as an anti virus.

Anti-virus software are programs that detect, cleanse, and erase harmful virus files on a computer, web server, or network.
Unchecked, virus files can unintentionally be forwarded to others, including trading partners and thereby spreading infection. Because new viruses regularly emerge, anti-virus software should be updated frequently. Anti-virus software can scan the computer memory and disk drives for malicious code. They can alert the user if a virus is present, and will clean, delete (or quarantine) infected files or directories.

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts.

Also, we are not seeing any obvious signs of malware in your computer and a lot of our tools are not designed to run in your OS.

Perhaps you can have your IT department have a look at it? Thank you.

ASAP and UNITE member

!

#10 CatByte

CatByte

Classroom Administrator

• Classroom Admin
  • 21,060 posts
  • MVP

Posted 02 December 2009 - 06:37 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.

Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015