I hope someone can help
A number of explorere browser popups for various porn/viagra type sites are happening at random.
Various spyware alert pop ups are happening too
I have installed erunt but I am unable to get it to run. Hijack this cannot be installed either. When I try to run HJTInstall.exe a pop up comes up saying
"application cannot be executed, The file hijackthis.ese is infected. Do you want to activate your antivirus software now" comes up, with yes /no options
Taskmanager has been disabled by whatever is doing this as well.
I'm not sure where to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Stupidman
Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise.
This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
I am checking over your log , I will post back shortly with instructions.
My name is SweetTech. I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems. The logs from our tools can take a while to research, so please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following:
I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
Run exeHelper
Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan) Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).
Scanning with DDS
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop. [external image: Posted Image]
In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following …
Sections
IAT/EAT
Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
Show All (don't miss this one)
Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<— ROOKIT" entries Please make sure you include the following items in your next post: 1. The log that was produced after running exeHelper. 2. The logs that were produced after running DDS. 3. The log that was produced after running GMER.