[Closed] (Bogus) Spyware Alert and Porn Website Pop Ups - Unable to g
Posted 11 November 2009 - 08:13 AM
Register to Remove
Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:08 PM
Posted 11 November 2009 - 04:45 PM
- I will be working on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
- The fixes are specific to your problem and should only be used for the issues on this machine.
- Please continue to review my answers until I tell you your machine appears to be clear. Absence of symptoms does not mean that everything is clear.
- It's often worth reading through these instructions and printing them for ease of reference.
- If you don't know or understand something, please don't hesitate to say or ask!! It's better to be sure and safe than sorry.
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Please download exeHelper to your desktop.
Double-click on exeHelper.com to run the fix.
A black window should pop up, press any key to close once the fix is completed.
Post the contents of exehelperlog.txt (Will be created in the directory where you ran exeHelper.com, and should open at the end of the scan)
Note: If the window shows a message that says "Error deleting file", please re-run the program before posting a log - and post the two logs together (they will both be in the one file).
Scanning with DDS
Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links and save it to your desktop.
- Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
- Double click DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run)
- When done, DDS.txt will open.
- After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
- Save both reports to your desktop.
- Post the contents of the DDS.txt report in your next reply
- Attach the Attach.txt report to your post by doing the following:
- Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
- Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
- Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
- Click on to insert the attachment into your post
Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here or here.
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
Click the image to enlarge it
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and attach it in your reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:
1. The log that was produced after running exeHelper.
2. The logs that were produced after running DDS.
3. The log that was produced after running GMER.
Posted 17 November 2009 - 06:25 PM
Microsoft MVP 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users