As the title says my computer will turn on but not boot. It was workin just fine last night and have changed nothing within the last 12-24 hours. Some things I have also noticed are the power and hard drive indicator lights do not turn on and the connection indication light on my router is on when the computer is off on off when I start the computer(I'm using a wired connection.) What could be causing this and how can I fix it? Please get back to me asap as I will be out of town this weekend.
Hi, Sorry to hear of the trouble with the computer that is proving difficult to boot……….you don't give us much information to go on…… we don't even know if its a laptop or a desktop, make or model number, new machine still under warranty or old banger!
It might be worth while trying the following…disconnect any peripherals, printers, USB stuff, flash drives, remove all discs CD/DVDs etc disconnect the Internet cable (pull it out!)
Just have the minimum connections possible ie if its a desktop computer, mouse, keyboard, video and power cables nothing else at all.
If its a laptop minimum as per above but also remove the battery and run it from the mains (via the supplied adapter) see how it goes.
Let us know if you see any signs of life on the machine…any LED's showing or any lights at all,…… are any fans turning , any noises or vibrations, or is everthing completely dead.?
Regards
paws
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI