Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Resolved] Clock keeps reseting to 12 April 2016!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#16 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:22 AM

Did you accept the prompt to install the Recovery Console? What does the blue screen say, exactly?
Posted Image
Graduate from the WTT Malware Classroom
If you feel I have helped you, please consider a donation. Posted Image
Topics will be closed after three days if there is no response.
Please do not PM me for malware removal assistance.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:35 AM

I did not have a prompt to accept recovary console, it restarted becauce of a rootkit, it then needed to connect to the internet - which it could not then crashed. The message says: A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error message screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer. Technical information *** STOP: 0x0000007B (0XF7A74524, 0xC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

#18 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:40 AM

So just to confirm, when you boot up your computer, you do not have the option to select "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" to load before it boots into Windows? Do you have a Windows XP disc available?
Posted Image

#19 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:44 AM

No, When I start up I have the option to: Safe mode Safe mode with networking safe mode with command prompt last good configuration Start windows normally I do not have windows xp on disc, it came on the computer when I received it (dell laptop inspiron 9400)

#20 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 08:50 AM

In that case... assuming that you have access to a PC with a CD burner, and a blank CD...

Please download the Hiren's BootCD v10.0 + Keyboard Patch iso image from the following link, then extract the contents to a folder of it's own.

http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

Next download and install the ISO Recorder version for your operating system (the operating system used to burn the cd).

Once ISO Recorder is installed, insert a blank cd then right click the Hiren'sBootCD.iso file in the Hiren's folder.
Select Copy Image to CD from the right click context menu.
Leave all settings to default in the CD Recording Wizard that opens and burn the disc.
When complete, insert the cd into your computer and restart.
You should be presented with a boot menu.
Select Start Mini Windows XP

Let me know if successful.

*Please do not restart the computer, nor do any other browsing or run any other programs, until I've responded with further instructions. Running from the bootable cd is like God mode, and anything you do could be irreversible.
Posted Image

#21 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 12:30 PM

hi thanks, I downloaded both programs, (and found a recordable disc and have a computer to burn cds) but when I right click to 'copy image to cd' I get the pop up box, I put copy cd to D: put in the recorder box I do not have anything to choose??

#22 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 08 November 2009 - 07:14 PM

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what's wrong. You need to right click on the ISO file, and burn it to a CD using ISO Recorder. There should be a 'Burn' or 'Record' button in ISO Recorder.
Posted Image

#23 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:19 AM

(sorry for the delay in replying, I am located in the UK) I am using my wife's company computer so I am unsure of it's capabilities. Although it can burn discs it does not seem to reocognise some discs (I put in a new blank maxell 4.7gb data dvd+rw 1-4x speed disc, when I right click on the DVD/CD-RW Drive icon in 'my computer' and right click on properties it has the recording tab. But when I try to write anything to the cd it tells me that there is no disc in the drive.(insert a writable disc to continue) When I right click on the iso file the cd recording wizard window pops up, it has a box which says 'source' so I put D: from the options available. Underneath this is a second box which says 'recorder:' and the the box is just blank, it gives me nothing to choose from. And so at the bottom of the window it just says 'no recorder selected' and so I am unable to press 'next' to continue.

#24 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 02:53 AM

It will be looking for a CD, not a DVD, that will most likely be why the burning is failing. Alternatively, try ImgBurn.http://www.imgburn.com/ Use the 'Write' function of it to burn the image file to disc (and I believe it supports DVDs as well). Sorry for the issues.
Posted Image

#25 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:52 AM

Hi, Sorry I took so long - I kept downloading the advertisments thinking they were imgburn!! Anyway, on the imgburn window I have put the source iso and in the destination I have put D: ([1:0:0] MATSHITA UJDA760 DVD/CDRW) and at the bottom of the window is written : 'device not ready (medium not present - tray closed) I have not really had experience burning discs at all, so I am a little lost. This is a new disc that I have put in - do I need to format it or something first? thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#26 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 03:55 AM

I see now. That drive (MATSHITA UJDA760) will only burn CDs, not DVDs.

CD: http://cws.gtc.edu/d...iginal_CD_R.jpg
DVD: http://www.cdrinfo.c...Media_BIG_1.jpg

At the moment, you're using a DVD, which isn't supported. Have a hunt around and find a CD, otherwise you'll be able to find one at the shops for about 50p tops. :)
Posted Image

#27 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 08:15 AM

cheers, ...I'm still waiting for a cd, sould have one in a couple of hours...

#28 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:12 PM

Hi Raktor, I managed to get hold of a cd, burnt the image and booted up 'mini windows xp' for my computer. It seemed to work (I have a basic windows interface) What now?

#29 Raktor

Raktor

Teacher Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 05:15 PM

Good job!

Double click on C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT\Hiv-backup\erdnt.exe, then reboot without the Hiren's CD in - try to get into normal Windows.

Also, let me know what running erdnt.exe shows on your screen.

Also, I'm not going to be around for about 24 hours, so hold tight. :)
Posted Image

#30 sdabbs

sdabbs

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 10 November 2009 - 02:25 AM

Hi Raktor, Running edrnt.exe showed up a window which said it would restore 'registry back-up created 07/11/2009' so I ran it, restarted but still got the blue screen... I'm really in trouble, because I am currently using my wife's company computer, and as of tommorow I will not have it (she needs to take it back), so I will not be able to see what you have wriiten without access to the web. Please be patient with me if I cannot reply straight away - I do not know how long it will be untill I have a computer (so please do not shut this down after three days if you do not hear from me) hopefully I will be able to get online Thanks for all of your help Raktor - I really appreciate it :thumbup: Sean

Edited by sdabbs, 10 November 2009 - 08:28 AM.