Please do the following:
Delete DDS, Systemlook and RootRepeal and all the logs we've created.
You can keep Malwarebytes, it is an excellent malware removal tool. Update atleast once a week then run a complete scan.
You need to create a new Clean restore point.
Click Start Menu > Run > copy
. Choose Create a Restore Point
then click Next
. Name it (something you'll remember) and click Create
, when the confirmation screen shows the restore point has been created click Close
Remove all previous Restore Points
Click Start Menu > Run > copy and paste
At top, click on More Options
tab. Click Clean up
... button in the System Restore box. Click on Yes
button. When finished, click on Cancel
button to exit.
Double-click My Computer
Click the Tools menu
, and then click Folder Options
Click the View
"Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck
"Show hidden files and folders."
"Hide protected operating system files."
, and then click OK
You can get the latest version here
Or you can download and install Foxit Reader
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malicious sites can use to exploit and infect your system
. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
Please download JavaRa
to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
Now to Clean out the Java cache:
- Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
- Accept any prompts.
- Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
- Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button. Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.
Go into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
- Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings... button
- click the Delete Files button.
- There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave both Checked
Applications and Applets
Trace and Log Files
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Settings
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
JAVA DOWNLOADS PAGE - http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp
The latest update is Java 6 Update 17
To keep your operating system up to date visit
Here are some tips to reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future:
1. Make your Internet Explorer More Secure
- From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
- Click once on the Security tab.
- Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
- Click once on the Custom Level button.
- Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt.
- Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable.
- Change the Initialise and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable.
- Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt.
- Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt.
- Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt.
- When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
- If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
- Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
2. Update your Anti-Virus Software
- I can not overemphasize the need for you to update your Anti-virus application on a regular basis. With the ever increasing number of new variants of malware arriving on the scene daily, you become very susceptible to an attack without updated protection.
3. Make sure you keep your Windows OS current
by visiting Windows update
regularly to download and install any critical updates and service packs. Without these you are leaving the back door open.
4. Consider a custom hosts file such as MVPS HOSTS
. This custom hosts file effectively blocks a wide range of unwanted ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and many hijackers.
For information on how to download and install, please read this tutorial by WinHelp2002
Note: Be sure to follow the instructions to disable the DNS Client
installing a custom hosts file.
5. Download and install the free version of WinPatrol
. This program protects your computer in a variety of ways and will work well with your existing security software. Have a look at this tutorial
to help you get started with the program.
- Download and install SpywareBlaster
. This program prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware and other potentially unwanted programs.
7. Protect your computer from internet threats with SandboxIE
. This program isolates Internet Explorer from the rest of your operating system, 'sandboxing' it away - so malicious websites can't do damage to the rest of your system. There is a Getting Started
guide on their website.
8. Some excellent free firewalls. Note: Use only one firewall at a time.
Agnitum Outpost Firewall
- If you are installing this and already have an anti spyware then please do not install Comodo's anti spyware program.
Online Armor Personal Firewall
9. And finally, please read these excellent articles:
Malware: Help prevent the Infection
by Sandi Hardmeier,
Preventing Malware - Tools and Practices for Safe Computing
For more safe computing tips please read the guide by Rorschach112
on how to prevent malware and about safe computing here
Goodluck, happy computing and stay clean