Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

I need a Local Area Driver.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 22 October 2009 - 07:51 PM

"duplicate on the network" means your computer name is the same as another on your network. Change your computer name.

You can do this by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties.
Click on the Computer Name tab then the Change button.
Make the name something unique.
Note: Don't confuse Computer description with Computer name, they are not related.

As for the unknown devices in Device Manager:

Right click on each in turn and select Properties.
Click on the Details tab.

There will be a line like this:

PCI\VEN_nnnn&DEV_nnnn&..........

Post that much from each. You can then (or we can) search Google and that will almost always tell you what kind of device it is.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#17 Varia Titan

Varia Titan

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:15 PM

I did it! They're all done. I just want to know how to get rid of that error message. It says System Error. There is a duplicate name on the network. (something close to that. And once that riddle is solved,I'll be done(thank god!)

#18 Varia Titan

Varia Titan

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:33 PM

OK..sorry,I don't see that last post you made. Everything is working good now. You really rock! You were so patient with me all this time. Thank you so much! I hope next time I need help,I'll get you again. By the way..the 2 unknowns were an infared driver and something else. I just went one by one downloading each driver and they were the last 2 on page 3.LOL Thanx again. Please buddy me or whatever so I can ask you advice if I need to.