How can I get my Task Manager to show the user names in the processes tab? It used to show them but after installing IOBit Security, the usernames are not visible anymore.
Click on View then Select Columns. Check User Names, that should do it, unless the IOBit Security you installed is blocking it somehow.
The username column is there but it's blank, only the system idle process has the username SYSTEM.
If you disable or uninstall IOBit Security does it come back?
I tried uninstalling and there was no effect. Still the same.
Hi,
Maybe the Terminal Service is not started?
You could try this:
Click Start, Run and type Services.msc . Locate Terminal Services and double-click it. Set the Startup type to Automatic , and click Apply . Click the Star t button to launch the service manually.
Thanks. It did the trick.
inzanity, where/how did you find that information?? I'd like to stash it for future reference if possible.
Thanks
Amazing, a Google search for
Task Manager User Name column empty takes me to the same place (first hit!).
Why didn't I think of that
Thanks, duly noted.