Hello
After reformatting and reinstalling I found this device on my desktop.
It is a little box when opened but i don't know what it does or how.
Does anyone know?
I doubt that you'd be using it, though it looks handy for rare instances for a home user.
More useful for a systems manager handing multiple machines of like kind.
________________________
Hello
After reformatting and reinstalling I found this device on my desktop.
It is a little box when opened but i don't know what it does or how.
Does anyone know?
Grampy Pete,
I don't immediately recognize what you are referring to.
Can you take a ScreenShot of that "little box".
here's a how-to for ScreenShots: http://forums.whatthetech.com/How_capture_…ots_t96099.html
__________________________________-
As to the Dell Diagnostics
0F00:133D <– probably refers to IDE controller or Hard Drive Controller
1b22:061B <– probably refers to Sound device
Those codes are really only used by Dell Techs and probably only mean anything sensible to Dell.
__________________
Since you have Formated and Re-installed your XP, …
*** Have you reinstalled your device drivers?