This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Computer Shutdown on startup

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recieve the following message when I try to start my computer: This system is shutting down. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM The system process C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741482. The system will now shut down and restart. A related/unrelated problem is that I am redirected to a different search engine when I use google search. I can start my computer in safe mode. I have tried numerous antivirus removal programs and none can be run after being installed, and some can not be installed. Hijackthis.exe was installed and run by I cannot access the log. Hopefully I've given enough info to recieve some help. Thanks in advance thanks, jls
[external image: Posted Image]


DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix, SmitfraudFix, MBAM, Vundofix, or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.


Vista users:
1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe)
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")


Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

Please download ad13's win32ksys to your desktop
  • Double click to run it
  • A black window will appear, let this run
  • On completion a log will appear on your desktop called Win32kDiag.txt please post this in your next reply.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI