Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

[Closed] "lsass.exe - Bad Image"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 melovetail

melovetail

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

Hello,
I am not good with computers but let me tell you what is going on. My wife was doing something on our home computer and now we receive this message everytime we turn on the computer: Isass-Bad Image The application or DLL C:\windows\system 32\LSASRV.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette. My freinds have told me to change boot sequence which i did and tried to boot up with the xp cd. Nothing happened! So they told me to go into Safe Mode but the message still comes and i click ok and black screen. i also noticed that my cd rom is stuck so my computer is useless at this point. Is there anyway to fix it......the xp screen shows up the the message -i click on message and black screen--i try typing anything and everything but still stays black_ i was also told to click control alt delete but nothing still. I have a lot of files in this computer--please i need some help or is it lost for good? :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair: :pullhair:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 14,770 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:42 PM

Hi melovetail, welcome to the forum.

To make cleaning this machine easier
  • Please do not uninstall/install any programs unless asked to
    It is more difficult when files/programs are appearing in/disappearing from the logs.
  • Please do not run any scans other than those requested
  • Please follow all instructions in the order posted
  • All logs/reports, etc.. must be posted in Notepad. Please ensure that word wrap is unchecked. In notepad click format, uncheck word wrap if it is checked.
  • Do not attach any logs/reports, etc.. unless specifically requested to do so.
  • If you have problems with or do not understand the instructions, Please ask before continuing.
  • Please stay with this thread until given the All Clear. A absence of symptoms does not mean a clean machine.

You have a couple of options to try to start your computer.

You can open the computer and unplug the CD Rom, both power connection and the IDE cable (wide flat one).

Or you can use the intructions HERE to manually open the tray.

If you can get your computer up and running, please proceed.

Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner. Unzip it to your Desktop.

Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while the scan is being performed. Do not use your computer for anything else during the scan.

Double-click gmer.exe. The program will begin to run.

**Caution**
These types of scans can produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any
"<--- ROOKIT" entries unless advised!

If possible rootkit activity is found, you will be asked if you would like to perform a full scan.
  • Click NO
  • In the right panel, you will see a bunch of boxes that have been checked ... leave everything checked and ensure the Show all box is un-checked.
  • Now click the Scan button.
    Once the scan is complete, you may receive another notice about rootkit activity.
  • Click OK.
  • GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "GMER.txt"
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop.
If you do not receive notice about possible rootkit activity remain on the Rootkit/Malware tab & make sure the 'Show All' button is unticked.
  • Click the Scan button and let the program do its work. GMER will produce a log. Click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • Click Yes at the next prompt for Optional Scan.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
---------------------------------------------------

Please include the contents of the following in your next reply:

DDS.txt

Please attach the second file; Attach.txt. To attach a file, do the following:
  • Under the reply panel is the Attachments Panel
  • Browse for the attachment file you want to upload, then click the green Upload button
  • Once it has uploaded, click the Manage Current Attachments drop down box
  • Click on Posted Image to insert the attachment into your post

Please post back with
  • GMER log
  • both DDS logs

Thanks

Proud Graduate of the WTT Classroon
If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg
Curiosity didn't kill the cat. Ignorance did, curiosity was framed.
Learn how to protect Yourself

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days.

#3 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• 14,770 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hi Do you still need help with this? Thanks

If you are happy with the help you recieved, please consider making a Donation 5Iv60h9.jpg

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015

#4 oldman960

oldman960

Forum God

• 14,770 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 06:08 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed. If you need help please start a new thread.

Microsoft MVP 2011-2015