Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91983 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

audio file

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 29 September 2009 - 11:55 AM

Hello I recorded an audio file with the program, Audacity. I saved to desktop as both *.aup and Wav.(microsoft). The wav was 30 mb and I tried to zip it but it only went to 25 mb. The other file was in kbs which was good but it did not open up when I sent myself an email. It does open when I click on the desktop. So one is too big and the other doesn't open as email. How can you mail an audio file? Thank you p.s. I am too fond of Audacity as I find it difficult to use. Is there a simpler program?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,815 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

.wav files are already compressed, so zipping them will not reduce the size much, as you've discovered. Mail the .zip of the .wav file and then when you unzip it, it should play okay.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

#3 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 30 September 2009 - 12:13 PM

My mail accounts are limited to 10 mbs and the file was 30 mb. I looked around for programs that allow you to send large email files and thought Dropsend was a simple free one. It did work as they all go the audio file. However, I did not know that if you closed an account after, noone can listen to it - makes sense now. Had to redo but it worked anyway. Sed6 is also a good one.