This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

audio file

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I recorded an audio file with the program, Audacity. I saved to desktop as both *.aup and Wav.(microsoft). The wav was 30 mb and I tried to zip it but it only went to 25 mb. The other file was in kbs which was good but it did not open up when I sent myself an email. It does open when I click on the desktop. So one is too big and the other doesn't open as email. How can you mail an audio file? Thank you p.s. I am too fond of Audacity as I find it difficult to use. Is there a simpler program?
.wav files are already compressed, so zipping them will not reduce the size much, as you've discovered. Mail the .zip of the .wav file and then when you unzip it, it should play okay.
My mail accounts are limited to 10 mbs and the file was 30 mb. I looked around for programs that allow you to send large email files and thought Dropsend was a simple free one. It did work as they all go the audio file. However, I did not know that if you closed an account after, noone can listen to it - makes sense now. Had to redo but it worked anyway. Sed6 is also a good one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI