Ribica
Topic Starter
Ok, a few days ago my PC got infected with Koombface. My Symantec anti-virus alerted me right away and I ran a scan. Here is the log:
Date,Filename,Virus Name,Original Location,Status
16.9.2009 18:35:00,ld14.exe,Downloader,C:\WINDOWS\,Infected
16.9.2009 18:32:01,freddy64.exe,Downloader,C:\WINDOWS\,Infected
16.9.2009 18:16:56,fb.64[1].exe,Downloader,C:\Documents and Settings\Jelena\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\Y2OM6ZU7\,Infected
16.9.2009 18:16:00,setup[2].exe,Downloader,C:\Documents and Settings\Jelena\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ALPIUSVZ\,Infected
After that I ran Malwarebytes, just to be sure, so here's the log:
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2791
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
16.9.2009 20:54:37
mbam-log-2009-09-16 (20-54-37).txt
Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 136724
Time elapsed: 30 minute(s), 55 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 3
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 4
Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\vkl_1253116496.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Unloaded process successfully.
Memory Modules Infected:
C:\Program Files\captcha.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Delete on reboot.
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\captcha7 (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sysfbtray (Worm.KoobFace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sysldtray (Backdoor.Bot) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
C:\Program Files\captcha.dll (Spyware.OnlineGames) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\vkl_1253116496.exe (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\010112010146116101.xe (KoobFace.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\0101120101465254.xe (KoobFace.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Only after I ran those scans, I bumped into this forum and I read that even after the fixes, Koobface is not completely removed. So I just wanted to make sure my PC is virus free. Right now my PC is acting normal. Could you please let me know if I should do something else about it. Thank you.