This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Urgent Help needed. Infected with Rootkit trojan and Troan.

159 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

Download the following program

use it for every exe that you are having trouble running.


as for the curser…I'm afraid I am not sure what the issue could be with that.

Download Inherit and save it to your desk top
Drag each of the exe files that you are unable to run into Inherit.exe (must be the exe - not the shortcut)
Then wait for it to say "OK"


You may wish to start a new topic in our windows forum to see if the techs have any idea how to fix that jumpy curser.

Link back to this topic so they can see you are clean of malware.
Hi, Sorry for the delay. This weekend was a bit hectic. Otherwise I've been enjoying my back to normal laptop :) I wanted to do a full system scan with my new AV before we close this topic which I couldn't do due to time constraints. I'll do it ASAP. Thanks a lot for the patience and keeping the thread open. NV
Hi there Finally I think I've got it all under control. I have installed McAfee VirusScan Enterprise version and ran a full scan to see if it finds anything and luckily, it didn't. :woot: I've updated my adobe, JRE and installed some add-ons you suggested. But somehow, NoScript doesn't let me view most of the web pages. Its blocking almost all JavaScript. I've disabled it for a while. Inherit.exe worked like a charm. I was able to delete the bad SpyBotSD.exe :) I would definitely start a new topic in windows forum for jumpy cursor. Its making me go crazy :pullhair: McAfee's on-access virus scan keeps blocking file actions on the system. I can almost 10 actions being blocked per hour. Is it normal? I am pasting half of the log file for you to see what actions it is blocking. 9/21/2009 7:15:38 PM Engine version = 5300.2777 9/21/2009 7:15:38 PM AntiVirus DAT version = 5437.0000 9/21/2009 7:15:38 PM Number of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None 9/21/2009 7:15:38 PM Names of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None 9/21/2009 7:16:28 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar 9/21/2009 7:28:23 PM Engine version = 5301.4018 9/21/2009 7:28:23 PM AntiVirus DAT version = 5748.0000 9/21/2009 7:28:23 PM Number of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None 9/21/2009 7:28:23 PM Names of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None 9/21/2009 7:28:23 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Db\Agent_CBR940R1B1.xml 9/21/2009 7:28:25 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McScript_InUse.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\avvscan.dat 9/21/2009 7:28:25 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VIRUSCAN8600\VSE850Det.McS 9/21/2009 7:28:25 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McScript_InUse.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\avvclean.dat 9/21/2009 7:28:25 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\McScript_InUse.exe C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Engine\avvnames.dat 9/21/2009 7:29:21 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar 9/21/2009 7:33:54 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar 9/22/2009 1:27:23 AM Not scanned (scan timed out) PHILLYDEV\pvirk C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe C:\Documents and Settings\pvirk\Application Data\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\27\20d3eedb-612fa500 9/22/2009 3:02:17 PM Engine version = 5301.4018 9/22/2009 3:02:17 PM AntiVirus DAT version = 5749.0000 9/22/2009 3:02:17 PM Number of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None 9/22/2009 3:02:17 PM Names of detection signatures in EXTRA.DAT = None 9/22/2009 3:03:28 PM Not scanned (scan timed out) NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\rt.jar ————————————————————————————————————————————————— Thank you very much for your help. I couldn't have done anything with my PC and the trojan. I'm glad I posted here for help. I'll definitely show my appreciation by donating whatever I can(didn't want to mention it but couldn't help it either) Once again, thank you. NV
Hi, Not sure what is happening with McAfee to tell you the truth, I've never used it and not a huge fan of it, so I'm not sure, you might want to contact their site and ask, they may have some answers for you. You are clean of malware, so there may be a setting you can lower to stop the alerts. No script isn't compatible for everyone's system, so you don't need to use it. stay safe :wavey: ~CB
Heyy can I uninstall MBAM or is it useful to keep? Thanks for your suggestions on McAfee. I will also consider other AV options. yeah I ask too many questions.
I would keep MBAM, it is a very good program. Update it and run it regularly.

Give one of these AV's a try, they are both excellent:

(only install one AV at a time)


Avira AntiVir
Avast

questions are fine - that's how we learn
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI