I'm running Vista and can connect to the work local access but cannot connect to the internet. Others that have Vista do not have this issue. Help! I think I have enabled everything and my security restrictions are at medium. Any other suggestions?
We're going to need more information about the configuration of your network.
From your description, it sounds like a bit more than a home network with a simple router and windows assigning connections via Wireless Zero Configuration.
Also sounds like there may be some permissions and port forwarding assignments that would be important to know before we offer recommendations.
Is your Vista and the other machines connected via Ethernet Cabling or via wireless?
Also, what if any software firewall are you using on your Vista.
If my above questions are off-base, please don't get distracted with them.
Instead, give us a more detailed description of your setup.
Best Regards
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI