This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

No Video

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am at a lost here, built me a new system because the old one gave up the ghost, but anyhow I installed a e-Geforce FX 5200 DVI/TV out card. The problem is when the machine boots up you can see all the post msg and what not and when you get to the windows splash screen loading personal settings, wham it goes blank, dark nothing. Tryed everything and strange thing is when in post boot up in anlog mode everything works fine, but as soon as the digital kicks in, whamo dark no display. Called the techs that sells the card and they are at a lost of what to do, the wide screen montior I have is an Acer x223w and it has auto sensing vga or DVI, but like I said the techs are stumped, any ideas, I went ahead and bought another pci video card for the time to use the system. The co btw is evga corp.
Wow 112 views but no answers, guess this is a unknown problem, might be that I try a differant DVI card than the one that I have.
You're right Jimbo1, This does seem to be a bit of a mystery. If you have a dvi-vga adapter (should have come in the box) consider connecting the card to your monitor as VGA. Then check your screen resolution settings. If you have it at 1600 x 1200, consider changing to a lower resolution like maybe 1280x1024. Then turn off the machine, switch the connector so you are connecting via DVI. Let us know if that allows your DVI to function. (I know… it's a long shot.) Otherwise, I'd be pressing the card manufacturer real hard. Best Regards

You're right Jimbo1,

This does seem to be a bit of a mystery.

If you have a dvi-vga adapter (should have come in the box) consider connecting the card to your monitor as VGA.
Then check your screen resolution settings.
If you have it at 1600 x 1200, consider changing to a lower resolution like maybe 1280x1024.

Then turn off the machine, switch the connector so you are connecting via DVI.
Let us know if that allows your DVI to function.

(I know… it's a long shot.)

Otherwise, I'd be pressing the card manufacturer real hard.

Best Regards



:) :) Unfortunately its just dvi only :( and aye went through few techs and as they said they are puzzled, this machine is a clean installed of windows and was going all out. Using a pcie card atm which is not bad but was wanting digital quality picture, atm looking into ther cards before shelling out more money for another card to end up with the same results.

I seen vista machines with dvi and works fine on this montior, so the montior was ruled out, just this machine is windows xp sp3 the cmos on this board auto sense what graphics settings or IE: card it's using. Like i said post boot in analog got pictures, but once you get to windows splash screen where it says loading settings, lights out lol, this is why they are lost as to why, hehehe even one suggested I do a google to see if anyone else has the same problem. Shakes head.

hehehe even one suggested I do a google to see if anyone else has the same problem. Shakes head.


Sheesch!!! You've probably already worn out a keyboard or two googling for solutions.
I know I have, just trying to get a sensible response for you.
So far no joy.

If you contact the manufacturer again, see if you can get your trouble-shoot ticket bumped up to supervisor level.
Ask the person who answers the phone to refer you to their supervisor.

Sorry about the ongoing headache.

Best Regards
Sorry about the ongoing headache. Best Regards :D :D :D Don't worry, Done took enough Advil to cover the both of us, even spoken to 3 computer techs here in town and they themselves said the same thing very odd, but as 2 of them said they never fooled with DVI Video cards, which makes me wonder if Windows XP somehow does not support the drivers for this card or Digital support at all. Going to build a machine and install my windows 7 and see what happens to see if the card will work.
Wow thanks, after many hours of reading and looking over the pdf manual appears this card and driver have a lot of known issues. Still I paid for it and going to try it with the new system to test Windows 7 and see what happens. Got 2 cards in to help fix a pc that has no built in video connection, kids riped it off the mortherboard and this one has vga, DVI and TV out, its a Geforce FX 7200GS 256 MB DDR2 going to try this card in this system and see what happens, if the dvi does not work, then I taking a long shot at this that the vga side should work in case when windows boots while trying the dvi side of it. Will post you of this and see what happens.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI