This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

ERUNT

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I have changed something in the registry with an application(didnt know that the application changes something in the registry). I've found out what it changed but I want to find out what were the values/strings before the change.. The only way I can think of now is with ERUNT.. I've installed it 3 weeks ago or something. I was hoping to see a back up .reg file somewhere in c:\windows\erdnt but there is no such thing… looks like erunt backs it up without letting me see a .reg file Now, if there is someone out there that can tell me how to see .reg file back up from ERUNT.. or something.. you feel me? :D
ERUNT backs up the registry files. There is no way I know of to look at them unless they are active, meaning you would need to restore to before the change, to look at the value. A bit of work but doable. Record the current values. Run ERUNT and make a current backup if you did not set it up to doi automatic backups. Restore to a date prior to the change. Record the old values. Restore to the after the change. You have to reboot after each ERUNT restore but the whole process shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes.
Thanks I'll try. Anyhow, can you tell me how to stop auto back ups from ERUNT? Now I see they take too much space.. also is it safe to delete the back ups in c:\windows\erdnt ?
You can remove the entry in your Startup Folder (Start / Programs / Startup), That will eliminate auto backup. I don't think this is a good idea though. The automatic backup is one of the big pluses of ERUNT for me. If you do this then you need to remember to make backups prior to doing anything significant to your system.

Also, yes, you can delete the folders in C:\WINDOWS\ERDNT\AutoBackup, or delete just the older ones.

What I have done though, is reduce the number of days it will keep automatic backups from the default of 30 down to 15, by changing the Startup entry to the following:

D:\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date# /noconfirmdelete /noprogresswindow /days:15

Yours would probably be this though:

C:\Program Files\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE %SystemRoot%\ERDNT\AutoBackup\#Date# /noconfirmdelete /noprogresswindow /days:15

My current set of 15 days worth of backups uses 850MB.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI